United States Cellular
Manager, Application Development - INF001292
The Manager, Application Development leads a team of developers responsible for the development, integration, deployment and ongoing support of integration within U.S. Cellular. Oversees the full development lifecycle for the development of all forms of integration artifacts (e.g. Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) web services).
Partnering closely with counterparts within the infrastructure and development organizations, as well as integrating with key vendors, works to align all stakeholders to ensure agreed development and operational Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met. Oversees the development, support and operations of all integration software developed by the team. Ensures effective assignments of resources are made on all initiatives, projects and releases.
* Manages day-to-day activities performed by the Service Integration development team.
* Build and develop the team, including interviewing candidates, defining goals and professional development opportunities, and providing ad hoc feedback on an ongoing basis.
* Coach/mentor team to facilitate their professional development.
* Perform annual performance and salary reviews, assessments and disciplinary/corrective action incidents. Actively participate in HR performance measurement processes.
* Review project status with project managers and allocate resources appropriately. Manage individual and team workload to deliver to agreed release milestones.
* Encourages strong partnerships with our business partners and other technology team members. Resolves conflicts to promote forward thinking solutions.
* Promote effective teamwork through effective communication and knowledge sharing process for team members.
* Define standards and best practices for the team to follow, and manage appropriate processes, driving changes and/or improvements to these as needed.
* Influences, promotes and supports continuous improvements.
* Periodically provide data and reports to demonstrate team performance and to provide metrics to compare releases.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Services, Mathematics, Engineering or a related field or its equivalent in terms of experience is required.
* 8+ years of relevant professional work experience. Requires prior management, supervisory or team leader experiences, including resource planning, budgetary control, people management etc.
* 5+ years of development experience, including significant experience developing web services, using various technologies including Java, XML, SOAP, ESB, SQL and Oracle database.
* 5+ years of experience working within an SDLC, developing in a UNIX environment, and working on projects involving other teams.
* Solid background of designing, developing & testing various software applications.
* Experience in several aspects of IT Service Management, including Change Management, Incident Management and Problem Management. Experience using tools supporting these efforts, including BMC Remedy.
* Experience in developing and testing software, including supporting the QA team and helping to troubleshoot defects in order to arrive at the root cause (Root Cause Analysis). Experience using tools supporting these efforts, including SQL, SoapUI, and HP Quality Center.
* In-depth knowledge of standard web technologies, including app servers, web servers, databases, browsers, etc.
* Prior experience in role requiring good verbal and written communication skills.
* Prior experience in role requiring attention to detail, analysis and problem solving skills.
* Experience in the Telecommunications industry is preferred.
* Experience with Amdocs Customer Experience Solutions (CES) software is preferred.
* Experience with business- and operational-support systems (BSS/OSS) and related business processes, is preferred. These include: billing, CRM, ordering, self-service, and service fulfillment.
Job : Information Technology
Location(s) : Illinois-CHICAGO_IL
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.
About United States Cellular
At U.S. Cellular, we're not just in the business of connecting calls, we're in the business of connecting people.
United States Cellular