Alternate Locations: Dover, NH (New Hampshire); Omaha, NE (Nebraska)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas - Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection - focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer's lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees' futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
The Manager, Application Development will manage a team and suite of applications for Group Protection Claims. S/he will manage all aspects of application development, innovation and support, stability and apllication health, including developing and leading more complex programs and projects across multiple platform and application suites.
* Builds and maintains relationships with internal clients to better understand how technology can best support current and future business needs.
* Builds organizational capability, technical knowledge and expertise within his/her areas of responsibility; applications, agile and DevOps.
* Collaborates with appropriate project management resources on the development and execution of project plans, test plans and implementation plans including ensuring appropriate project resource allocations.
* Communicates in a timely and appropriate manner to management and other stakeholders regarding scope, status, risks and issues; develops mitigation plans if necessary.
* Ensures all new systems and/or major modifications for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility meet company standards, goals, security and auditing requirements.
* Ensures that business applications meet established service level agreements.
* Establishes and implements individual and team priorities, performance goals and objectives to deliver on team and department objectives.
* Maintains knowledge on current and emerging trends for Group Protection technology, collaborates with management to incorporate new trends/developments in current and future solutions.Manages the analysis, development and delivery of applications which meet current and future business needs for his/her assigned areas of responsibility.
* Manages the development and execution of increasingly complex test plans (as applicable) to ensure accuracy and that the applications meet business needs.
* May develop and manage budget/expenses for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
* May oversee and manage vendor relationships and process to coordinate activities and ensure compliance of statement of work.
* Partners with stakeholders to ensure that systems are designed, developed and implemented from a business point of view.
* Reviews functional specifications, business requirements, and test plans to ensure accurate system enhancements, optimize customer satisfaction and to ensure the integrity of the platforms for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
* Serves as a point of escalation and/or resource to investigate and resolve system outages, application issues and project concerns.
* 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's)in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering or Business Administration (Minimum Required)
* 5+ Years experience in application development that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position, including 2+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience (Required)
* Must have technical development background
* Must have experience leading a team of developers with proven ability to lead through transformation and change management
* Proven experience building key business and internal customer relationships
* DevOps/Agile background preferred
* Group Protection or Claims/Insurance applications experience preferred
* Cloud, Java and/or Microservices experience preferred #LI-KM1
This position may be subject to Lincoln's Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln's current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
Nearest Major Market: Dover
Job Segment: Application Developer, Information Technology, IT Manager, Claims, Information Systems, Technology, Insurance