At Liberty Mutual, technology isn't just a part of our business, it's what drives us forward. We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
We are seeking an experienced Manager to lead our Customer Operations team within GRM US Technology. In this role you will manage and coach a highly skilled full-service operations engineering team to support resilient and efficient software operations across GRM US. You will oversee vendor resource specialists along with onshore and offshore teams to achieve target systems stability goals. In addition, you will help design and implement initiatives as well as the operating plan for the group. Partnering with engineering teams across the market alongside end customers, you'll work collaboratively to deliver and operate mission critical software for GRM US Technology.
This team holds the standard for software resiliency and operational excellence within GRM US while supporting the enablement of modern, cloud-native software development. Customer Operations is paving the way towards enterprise-scale fault tolerant systems engineering by upholding service level agreements and continually advancing the quality of our systems monitoring, incident response and operational excellence through proactive means. This team delivers exceptional service to GRM US engineering teams as well end users through a customer-centric approach to software operations.
In this role you will:
* Lead an enterprise scale, 24/7 operations organization consisting of vendor resource specialists and engineers through all stages of the software lifecycle.
* Ensure operational strategy and system architecture is aligned with business and IT strategic objectives and technology standards. * Provide technical expertise and manage relationships with stakeholders, infrastructure teams and other engineering teams. * Uphold and advance enterprise-wide software/infrastructure reliability standards. * Foster team adoption of reliability engineering and DevOps best practices. * Stay on top of technology trends and make strategic and tactical recommendations to support continuous improvement. * Establish team financial plan and manage to plan. * Manage vendor contracts * Hire, coach, counsel, develop and retain talent.
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline. * Generally 5-7 years related experience with 2 years in a leadership role. * ITIL certification or equivalent experience. * In-depth experience with IT Service Operations, inclusive of software/infrastructure operations, change management, incident management, problem management. * Advanced knowledge of enterprise software systems engineering in both on-premise and cloud-native environments. * Strong knowledge of software development best practices and lean/agile methodologies. * Strong oral and written communication skills; presentation skills.
* Naturally inquisitive with a customer-centric mindset.
We take care of our employees…
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at work-and in life. That's why we offer:
* Workplace Flexibility * Wellness Perks * Collaborative workspaces * Sit/stand desks * Career development, programs and classes * Diversity & Inclusion programs * Commuter Benefits * Adoption Assistance * College Savings Plan * Education reimbursement * Hackathon Events