American Red Cross
Sr. Enterprise Architect
The Enterprise Architecture group exists to facilitate the alignment of enterprise capabilities with business strategies and drive efficiency and flexibility across the organization with consistent patterns, processes, and technologies. As an Enterprise Architect, the individual will work with leaders and stakeholders across the organization to keep abreast of business strategy and recommend & drive direction on initiatives, keeping them in line with target and reference architectures.
The American Red Cross takes a pragmatic results-oriented approach to Enterprise Architecture and is seeking professionals that can contribute to growing an effective and pragmatic discipline with clear value to its stakeholders.
* Working with leaders across the organization to understand business strategies, direction, and identify needs
* Leading or participating in enterprise vendor, technology, and tool selection
* Engaging with enterprise project and portfolio management processes to evaluate opportunities and provide guidance on initiatives
* Providing subject matter expertise and assessments to business stakeholders
* Capturing, maintaining, and publishing business, information, and technical architecture artifacts
* Development of reference architectures, standards, and guidelines leveraged across the organization
* Development of target architectures and transition plans
* Facilitating complex design and technical discussions, reconciling differing opinions and driving the decision-making process
* Presenting architectural decisions and proposals to stakeholders to explain how business strategy alignment is satisfied
* Collaborating with solution architects, IT leadership, and delivery teams to ensure alignment with target and reference architectures, provide guidance, solicit feedback, and identify enterprise IT needs
* Proposing the development of enterprise IT assets and services for use across business units
* Performing in a solution architect capacity for large enterprise initiatives as and when needed
* Contributing to the growth and maturity of EA processes as the discipline evolves
* Monitoring key EA and technology trends and industry standards
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A REMOTE OPPORTUNITY AND CAN BE WORKED FROM ANYWHERE IN THE UNITED STATES
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience in lieu of a degree
* 10 + years of broad experience in the information technology with depth in sub-disciplines of business architecture, information architecture and application/technical architecture and breadth across all disciplines in a large global corporation.
* At least 5 years professional Enterprise Architecture experience in an architectural or design capacity for 'large scale' mission critical, multi-tenant, multi-tier enterprise systems.
* Experience with Enterprise Architecture frameworks (TOGAF, Zachman, etc.) & Enterprise Architecture tools
* Hands-on expertise with a broad base of products, technologies, platforms, patterns, frameworks, and methodologies
* Experience with product evaluations and selection, buy-or-build
* Strong understanding of data management technologies (MDM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Data Science)
* Strong understanding of Integration technologies including ESB, API Management and Service Governance experience
* Strong desire to keep up with emerging technologies such as RPA, Blockchain, Identity management
* Highly intelligent, conceptual, excellent judgment, and capable of analyzing business and management problems. Must possess the ability to arrive at sound and effective business solutions.
* Excellent communication skills; able to present a solid business case, form business partnerships, and frame issues for a wide variety of stakeholders including executive management.
* Able to work both autonomously and with appropriate collaboration among other team members and senior management across a matrixed organization.
* Assertive and proactive, decisive and tenacious with political wisdom and discerning judgment. Must have a sense of humor.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.
About American Red Cross
American Red Cross is a non-profit humanitarian organization focused on emergency assistance and disaster relief.