CDW's vision is to be THE national provider of Managed Services. We'll achieve this reputation by continuing to delight our customers and being the employer of choice for Managed Services. Engineers at CDW are responsible for the development and delivery of our Managed Services offerings. Engineers apply the necessary technical breadth to providing top level technical support services and operational leadership, including problem resolution, and technical change implementation for Managed Services clients. Engineers at CDW are smart, hardworking individuals with top level experience and enjoy working on highly visible, technically challenging projects and service offerings. They are high caliber, well rounded professionals who are passionate about emerging technology, with exceptional customer service and communication skills
Key Areas of Responsibility
* Provide design, implementation, technical support services and consulting to Managed Services clients to meet their business needs.
* Design plan, and implement solutions using the latest technology
* Provide innovative technical solutions to complex hardware/software problems.
* Understand and Deliver Managed Services offerings as outlined in the CDW Service Descriptions and Service Catalog
* Understand and follow the processes and procedures defined in the CDW ManS Standard Operating Procedures manual (SOP).
* Provide detailed and effective communication to internal and external customers
* Clearly and concisely articulate problems and solutions for issues to clients both over the phone, via e-mail and in person.
* Member of on-call rotation to provide 24 X 7 support to critical systems and ensure availability objectives are met.
* Conduct throughput analysis, problem solving, and infrastructure planning
* Participate in various client projects intended to continually improve/upgrade technology infrastructures
* Create and execute test plans to meet project requirements for assigned components
* Identify and communicate potential opportunities for cross-selling to the sales team Manage time and expense to meet or exceed expectations defined in the Statement of Work
Provide high quality content deliverables using the appropriate document templates
Ensure solution is implemented as designed to the customer's satisfaction and approval
* As a Consulting Engineer provide technical services with little supervision from Supervisors, Team Leads, and Technology Owners
* Ability to follow through with tasks, projects, troubleshooting with little supervision.
* Serve as technical point of contact on customer engagements, and internal projects
* Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management
* Performs scopes of work as detailed in implementation plans assigned (system builds, test plans, documentation, training, etc).
* Handles several tasks simultaneously (ie: pre-sales, troubleshoots and develops internal network, responds to emergencies).
* Communicates with Engineering Manager all events that are not anticipated (new product requirements, equipment failure, design changes, schedule changes).
* Responds to all customers professionally and courteously and relays any customer questions or concerns to manager.
* Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of CDW through performing behaviors consistent with the CDW Way.
* Assist in creating and documenting policies and procedures.
* Understand SLAs in a production environment and proactively strive to meet the commitments.
* Provide support to Service Account Managers, Project Managers and product developers.
* Contribute to written proposals and technical documentation.
* Assist Professional Services team when required with client consultation including assessing and recommending architectural designs/changes to client systems in response to performance issues, growth requirements, etc.
* Review assigned service requests daily, following up and providing status updates to clients; ensure data pertaining to the status of service requests is entered into the problem tracking systems accurately and promptly to provide an up-to-date picture of service delivery status and backlog.
* Supports and conducts self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
* Tests, evaluates, and develops new products, offerings, and solutions.
* Conducts training of customers and company employees in both formal and informal environments.
* Works directly with Project Managers to update project plans and communicate project status.
* Minimum of 3 year engineering experience
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline; equivalent experience acceptable.
Other Required Qualifications
* Capable of resolving critical issues in a time sensitive manner, cognizant of requisite service levels.
* Ability to establish customer trust and confidence in the CDW Managed Services knowledge of and concern for customers' business needs.
* History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the customers while meeting deadlines.
* Critical attention to detail and solid creative problem solving skills.
* Ability to perform intermediate root cause analysis.
* Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
* Customer Service focused and a high level of professionalism.
* Ability to consistently follow policies and procedures.
* Strong communication and documentation skills.
* Excellence verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with all coworkers and stakeholders, in including senior leadership.
* Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment.
* Must know when to ask for assistance. Must be approachable, teachable, a team player with a strong desire to continue learning and expanding their experience in a highly evolving technical environment.
* Must have good time management skills and be able to meet rigid and urgent assignment schedules.
* Expert level knowledge of Cisco core UC technologies including Cisco communications manager, Cisco voicemail and gateway IOS
* Expert level knowledge of Cisco quality of service
* Working knowledge of Cisco Contact Center Express and Cisco Contact Center Enterprise
* Working knowledge of Cisco TelePresence
* Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Voice
* Hands-on experience in a large Data Center environment
* ITIL Foundations Certification
CDW is a company that provides integrated information technology (IT) solutions to business, government, education, and healthcare customers.