Cognizant is hiring for "Mainframe Systems Capacity Administrator". Interested candidates who are willing to relocate within the USA can apply. Relocation assistance will be provided
Note: "Cognizant will not sponsor H-1B or other U.S. work authorization, or lawful permanent residence (otherwise known as a "Green Card") for this role."
* Provides all Performance Management activities for all z/OS systems in large data center environment as a member of the Mainframe Systems Team;
* Performs ongoing monitoring and analysis and makes recommendations for performance improvements and efficiencies resulting in peak performance and optimization of resources;
* Provides analysis and reporting for z/OS operating systems performance and resource utilization including: CPU, memory usage, system paging and overhead, zIIP and CF utilization, and storage;
* Creates and analyzes ongoing performance reporting (scheduled and ad-hoc) and analyzes usefulness or changes needed to best achieve performance objectives. Works with team to make necessary recommended adjustments in performance and executes change in a timely manner;
* Reviews performance reports with management on a regular schedule before distributing;
* Provides assistance as needed to customers, Project Managers, operations, and other systems support and/or technical teams
* Installs and tests data repository MXG software
* Identifies high utilization workloads;
* Reviews and modifies the system Workload Manager (WLM) Policy service class goals and adjust as needed. Revises WLM Policy report classes to identify selected workloads. Modifies WLM application environments for DB2 Stored Procedures. Monitors WLM performance index and delays.
* Works independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results and performance deliverables;
* Participates in problem management and change management
* This position support a 24/7 data center and on-call or off shift support will be required at times.
* Requires excellent communications skills, both oral and written, to communicate with internal and client project team members and management, and an ability to summarize and easily communicate complex concepts tailored to level of complexity appropriate for the audience;
Cognizant is a provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services.