Trusted by more than 260,000 businesses worldwide, Magento Commerce (an Adobe company) is the leading provider of cloud commerce innovation to merchants and brands across B2C and B2B industries, and now a strategic pillar of the Adobe Digital Experience solutions set.
Adobe is known for its vibrant, dynamic and rewarding culture where personal and professional fulfillment and company success goes hand in hand. We take pride in creating exceptional work experiences, encouraging innovation and being involved with our employees, customers and communities. We invite you to discover what makes Adobe such a great place to work.
Click this link to experience A Day in the Life at Adobe: http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/careeropp/fma/dayinthelife/
Magento has quickly grown from a single piece of open source software to an entire suite of digital commerce products and partners. As we continue to grow it is essential to establish a robust technical architecture - a foundation that allows us to build and integrate new products and services with both incredible speed and excellent quality. As the universe of Magento software expands, we need to look ahead to usability and security concerns like universal identity, inter-app integrations and product analytics, API/service consolidation and standardization, and much more. While these goals might be fairly straightforward to achieve in a pure-SaaS environment, they are substantially more challenging when the deployment types are mixed, when your customers have code-level access to your products, and when you have a diverse ecosystem of both technical and non-technical users. If these types of complexities excite you, you are exactly the type of architect we need!
What you will do?
* Work with product team to identify and prioritize necessary technical improvements
* Be an expert in the assigned domain areas
* Answer technical questions
* Participate in grooming meetings with development teams and product managers
* Guide development teams to create design documents for new features.
* Review proposals
* Enhance and Evolve Technical Guidelines and Technical Vision for Magento product and assigned domain areas
* Be a subject matter expert for internal or community feature projects. Ensure performance, scalability, extensibility and security concerns are taken into account
* Be an advocate and a champion for Software Development best practices, design and architectural patterns, both for internal developers and Magento community
* Help build experienced teams by sharing knowledge at internal presentations and dev talks
* Perform code reviews to make sure the architecture of the implementation is aligned with Magento Technical Vision and best practices
* Work with Magento community
* Answer questions in Slack, StackExchange and GitHub
* Collect feedback from the community to make the right architectural decisions
* Participate in public Architectural Discussions
* Present at Magento events around the world
What you will need?
* B.S. degree in Computer Science or related technical field
* Minimum 6 years of Software Development experience
* Experience with at least one OOP programming language.
* Knowledge and experience with design and architectural patterns, including GoF and Enterprise Integration patterns
* Experience with PHP
* Knowledge of and experience working with programming best practices, including SOLID principles.
* Understanding and experience with the full cycle of development (design, development, testing, documentation, CI/CD, release) in an Agile world.
* Understanding of concepts such as modularity, extensibility, scalability.
* Understanding of HTTP request-response flow.
* Expertise on Web API: REST, SOAP
* Database Knowledge
* Understanding of the pros and cons of relational and non-relational Databases
* Knowledge of Query optimization & Indexes
* Experience with building scalable distributed systems
* Familiarity with functional or other programming paradigms
* Experience with framework backward compatibility support
* Knowledge and experience with GraphQL
* Experience contributing to or maintaining an open source solution
* Experience with building microservices
* Communication and presentation skills
* Good collaboration skills, with team members and with other organizations
* Mentoring experience is highly desired.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Adobe is a multinational computer software company.