Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Cabin provides all elements of a seamlessly integrated Cabin Interior. From the overhead bins, lavatories and galleys to crew rests and cargo containers, either as independent world class products or as a fully integrated cabin. The company is headquartered in Huntington Beach in Southern California, USA and operates 30 sites in 11 countries. The over 13.000 employees across the globe serve virtually all the airlines, aircraft leasing companies and airframe manufacturers worldwide.
* Understand and analyze vision based applications/systems
* Define and capture vision application requirements
* Coordinate with system engineers and partners/suppliers during the prototype development
* Design, develop, and integrate vision applications using artificial intelligence and machine learning from functional proofs-of-concepts to production ready, scalable solutions
* Work on developing/training ML models to enhance existing processes with cognitive capabilities
Summary of Duties:
* Develop relevant machine learning algorithms for vision applications such as baggage management & catering
* Design and develop software/firmware code for prototype application development
* Integrate and test vision applications in to cabin products/systems
* Conducts routine tasks as directed
* Closely supervised with little latitude for independent judgment
Education: Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science with 0 to 1 years' experience
* In depth understanding of machine learning concepts, with hands-on experience in coding
* Strong background in mathematics and/or statistics is highly desirable
* Experience in writing code in Python, C, C++ on Linux
* Experience is using Open CV framework for vision applications
* In depth understanding of the Linux kernel for application programming
* Ability to use one or more scripting languages like python, R, ruby etc. to perform data analysis
* Experience in working with one or more frameworks such as TensorFlow, Caffe, and PyTorch etc.
* Experience with GitHub, SVN, and GRUB configuration and automation.
* Familiarity with big data technologies such as Hadoop
* Familiarity with unit level test frameworks such as PyUnit and/or Mocha.js
* Strong command line skills (posix, scripting, and version control systems)
* Experience in signal processing, image/video processing, computer vision and other related applied engineering fields a plus
* Basic knowledge Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Effective oral and written communications skills
* Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments with attention to detail
* Analytical, problem solving, well organized, detailed oriented and accurate.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
* Understanding of cloud technologies, infrastructure, security, and deployment options: Example - AWS/Azure/Google Cloud
Description: Entry-level position within field.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.
If you are applying for a job in the United States and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our Human Resources Department at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
ID: DOTH - 16267
About Zodiac Aerospace
Zodiac Aerospace designs, develops, manufactures, and markets aerospace equipment and systems.