Rakuten Intelligence is looking for a Summer Intern to join our Machine Learning team.
To create one of the world's richest cross-merchant commerce data sets and help deliver never-been-seen insights on consumer purchase behaviors, the machine learning team at Rakuten Intelligence is responsible for building large-scale human-in-the-loop machine learning systems for various challenging problems such as information extraction from unstructured documents, automated anonymization for privacy preservation, email clustering and classification, product categorization and matching, attribute extraction, and survey weighting. We leverage existing open source technologies and established machine learning approaches, but also innovate and research new techniques.
As a machine learning summer intern, you will get the opportunity to participate in the research and development of new solutions to one of our problems that excites you the most and is the best fit. You will work with a world-class machine learning team who hold MS/PhD degrees from top global schools such as Stanford University, University of Washington, Carnegie Mellon University, University of Michigan, and National Taiwan University, as well as veterans from companies like Facebook, Microsoft, Twitter, Yahoo!, AOL, and eBay.
This position is located in our San Mateo office.
* Research and experiment with different machine learning algorithms and techniques for automated anonymization, information extraction from unstructured documents, item categorization, product recognition and matching, attribute extraction, model interpretability, or survey weighting
* Productionize the developed machine learning solutions
* Work with other engineers to make sure the solutions scale to high volumes of data
* MS or (preferably) PhD student in Computer Science or a related field
* Expertise in Machine Learning
* Strong CS fundamentals, such as algorithms and data structures
* Expertise in Python
* Proficiency with relational databases such as MySQL
* Experience with cloud computing stacks such as Amazon Web Services preferred
* Experience with big data technologies preferred
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills