PulsePoint™, a global programmatic advertising platform with specialized healthcare expertise, fuses the science of programmatic targeting, distribution, and optimization with the art of brand engagement. The PulsePoint platform is powered by terabytes of impression-level data, allowing brands to efficiently engage the right audiences at scale while helping publishers increase yield through actionable insights.
Our organization has a strong history of utilizing machine learning, contextualization, and targeting to distribute advertising to the right consumers at the right time and create real connections across the internet. We are now taking that knowledge and expertise to solve challenges within healthcare in order to create better health outcomes through Radical Health Personalization™.
The goals of the PulsePoint Data Science team:
* Optimize and validate targeting mechanisms for specific health conditions
* Improve and optimize our proprietary contextualization, and recommendation engines that handle hundreds of thousands of transactions per second, billions of times each month
* Collaborate with internal Health experts to ideate and support rapid assessment, analysis, and prototyping of ideas for achievable commercialization.
What you will be tasked to do:
* Research and develop user profiling models to enhance our clinical trial recommendation engine to leverage both online and offline data.
* Collaborate with Product teams on data-driven products to support clinical trial platform design and delivery.
* Support and enhance the existing work on health user profiling, prediction, and targeting tools.
* Contribute on future project on patient/physician identity for cross-device tracking, profiling and targeting.
* Support existing codebases for data integration and production support for our core models.
What you need to be successful in this role:
* 3+ years of full-time experience working as a Statistician/ Machine Learning Engineer/ Data Scientist
* Advanced knowledge of Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, and Impala
* Advanced knowledge of Python using the numpy/scipy/pandas/skilearn stack
* MS/PhD in Astronomy, Physics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science; or BS with several years of applied machine learning experience
All applicants must submit a code sample or a GitHub link to be considered
At PulsePoint™, data is at the core of everything we do and Data Science is a high profile and high impact team, focusing on creating innovative solutions that rely on predictive modeling and big data analytics. We are looking for "A" players that have a combination of drive, focus, speed, efficiency and quality to drive statistical modeling, optimization and/or machine learning. You will be given ownership and autonomy over the research and development of your projects and will be expected to execute well and on time. We work on challenging problems that will make ads matter for people with health problems. Your work will directly influence our trajectory as a company.
Our Benefits & Perks:
* Sane work hours (with flexible scheduling)
* Competitive Salary & 401K Plan Match
* Generous paid vacation (we consider your birthday a holiday)* (plus extra days to keep healthy)
* Sabbatical at 5 years of employment
* Annual Company Retreat and fun days (we celebrate obscure holidays, THINK: National Popcorn Day)
* Bi-weekly team lunches and monthly Happy Hour parties
* Individual budget for professional training and industry membership access
* Company sponsored races (Tough Mudder, Spartan Race, Rugged Maniac, etc.)
* Spin Classes, Bootcamp, Yoga and other Fitness classes with the office
* Complimentary membership to local programs like NYC CitiBike
* Corporate discount to New York Sports Club (NYSC) and other health-related vendors
* Ping-pong tournaments, outdoor cornhole, indoor dart wars, and scooters to get you to your next meeting
* Company sponsored intramural sports teams
* Health fairs, financial planning, and overall wellness seminars
* Plethora of snacks, drinks, and a freezer dedicated to ice cream
Want to peek inside the PulsePoint™ offices? Check it out here: https://www.themuse.com/profiles/pulsepoint
PulsePoint is a data and technology company that offers programmatic solutions for healthcare organizations, aiming to personalize information and improve outcomes.