We have an opening for a Machine Learning Engineer on the team that builds the personalized Home page on the Spotify app.
Home Team creates a completely personalized, context aware Home screen for the mobile Spotify apps. We combine a best in class machine learning stack, content recommendations pipeline, and user experience to create a product that drives Spotify retention.
What you'll learn and do:
* Contribute to designing, building, evaluating, shipping, and refining Spotify's product by hands-on ML development
* Collaborate with a cross functional agile team spanning user research, design, data science, product management, and engineering to build new product features that advance our mission to connect artists and fans in personalized and relevant ways
* Prototype new approaches and production-ize solutions at scale for our hundreds of millions of active users
* Help drive optimization, testing, and tooling to improve quality
* Be part of an active group of machine learning practitioners in New York (and across Spotify) collaborating with one another
Who you are
* You have a strong background in machine learning, with experience and expertise in personalized machine learning algorithms, especially recommender systems.
* You have hands-on experience implementing production machine learning systems at scale in Java, Scala, Python, or similar languages. Experience with XGBoost, TensorFlow is also a plus.
* You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and disciplined experimentation
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.