What you'll be doing...
We're looking for world-class engineers to join our team where you will have the opportunity to help develop solutions from data collection to large scale data manipulation to long term data storage and low-latency retrieval, reporting, and analytical systems to solve Big Data problems that drive customer satisfaction throughout our business. We are looking for software engineers at various experience levels to analyze requirements; investigate optimal software solutions; architect, design, implement and test those solutions; and support exciting new initiatives like 5G and Intelligent Edge Network.
* Full stack data scientist and devOps engineer.
* Create and manage machine learning pipelines on a Hadoop cluster to support any kind of model deployment on streaming or batch data using tools like PySpark and Jupyter Notebook.
* Be a culture propagator and of domain knowledge and expertise of both data science and technical development tracks.
What we're looking for...
You will need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
* Six or more years of Enterprise Architecture, solutioning or platform management.
* Advanced skill in programming in Python and Java, Git using Open Source tools like Spark, Flink and Jupyter Notebook.
* Applied knowledge of Development Lifecycle Management, DevOps Automation methods and practices, Post-Production Model Monitoring and End-to-End Architecture and the ability to managing workloads over multiple nodes.
* Applied knowledge of data administration practices and approaches for data collection and ingest using Open Source tools such as Logstash and Kafka in a Hadoop ecosystem.
* Deep knowledge of data science concepts and applied knowledge of practices and methods within the 5 pillars of data science.
* Applied knowledge of statistical methods and applicable mathematical concepts.
* Applied knowledge of Splunk, SPL and anomaly detection and visualization development.
* Applied knowledge of visualization tools like Tableau.
* Applied knowledge of Big Data architecture, standards and best practices.
* Applied knowledge of statistical tools not limited to R, JMP and MiniTab.
* Applied knowledge in combining multiple data sources to uncover correlations and causations, building models and creating algorithms.
* Knowledge of the concept of managing workloads related to model processing in a Big Data ecosystem.
* Network domain knowledge.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.