Machine Learning Engineer, Lead
Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors - from fraud detection, to cancer research, to national intelligence - you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity for you to use your leadership and analytical skills to improve strategic innovation. You'll work closely with your customer to understand their questions and needs, then dig into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You'll mentor teammates, develop algorithms, write scripts, build predictive analytics, use automation, apply machine learning, and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers to help senior leadership make informed decisions. You'll provide your customer with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it. As a technical leader, you'll identify new opportunities to use data science solutions to help your customers meet their toughest challenges. Join us as we use data science for good in strategic innovation.
Empower change with us.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and we're dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you can expect:
* access to online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
* a chance to change the world with the Data Science Bowl-the world's premier data science for social good competition
* participation in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You'll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want, as you chart your own course for success.
* 2+ years of experience as a developer using high-level languages, including Java, Python, or R
* 2+ years of experience in managing disparate data sources with varying data structures of content and preparing these for data science and machine learning applications
* 2+ years of experience with source control and dependency management software, including Git or Maven
* Experience with Agile methodology and software development
* Experience with Cloud Service Providers (CSP), including Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure
* Knowledge of RESTful services design, development, and testing
* Ability to obtain a security clearance
* BA or BS degree
Nice If You Have:
* Experience with using a machine learning framework, including TensorFlow, Caffe, Keras, and SparkML
* Experience with the entire life cycle of deploying software or machine learning (ML)-based applications into production
* Experience with natural language processing (NLP)
* Experience with solutions for full-text search, hit highlighting, and faceted search, including SOLR or ElasticSearch
* Knowledge of data structures and algorithms and how things fit together with modular design
* Knowledge of various machine learning algorithms and their designs, capabilities, and limitations
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We're an EOE that empowers our people-no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic-to fearlessly drive change.