Machine Learning Engineer, Lead
Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As organizations increasingly look for both effective and practical machine learning, we're looking for you, a data scientist, machine learning engineer, or artificial intelligence specialist who knows how to step back and understand the complex relationships between the business needs, the data, and modeling approaches.
We have an opportunity for you to use your leadership and analytical skills to accelerate innovation in artificial intelligence by developing innovative solutions that harness vast amounts of unstructured text data to help organizations better search, understand, analyze, and leverage their data. You will get to push the boundaries of insights gained from analyses by developing recommender systems, chatbots, and other applications. You will not only conduct deep analytics, but also get to deploy your solutions - learning from the best of both analytics and engineering. You will apply knowledge of your particular field of specialization towards the assessment of program concepts, research and development activities, or emerging technologies. As a machine learning engineer, leadership and clients will look to your guidance to help them evaluate technical progress, identify risks, and recommend mitigation activities. Join us as we use data science for good.
Empower change with us.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and we're dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you can expect:
* access to online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
* a chance to change the world with the Data Science Bowl-the world's premier data science for social good competition
* participation in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You'll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want, as you chart your own course for success.
* 5+ years of experience with developing scalable algorithms that apply machine learning, artificial intelligence, and deep learning techniques
* 5+ years of experience with programming languages, including Python, R, Java, C++, or similar languages
* 5+ years of experience with the entire life cycle of deploying software or Machine Learning (ML)-based applications into production
* Experience with version control systems, including Github or Gitlab
* Experience with Cloud technologies, including Amazon Web Service (AWS)
* Experience with developing machine learning systems
* Experience with working on an Agile team
* Ability to obtain a security clearance
* BA or BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
Nice If You Have:
* Experience with using a machine learning framework, including TensorFlow, Caffe, Keras, and SparkML
* Experience with build and release automation tools, including Jenkins
* Experience with container, container orchestration technology, Docker, Kubernetes, or OpenShift
* Experience with managing disparate data sources with varying data structures of content and preparing these for data science and machine learning applications
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We're an EOE that empowers our people-no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic-to fearlessly drive change.