Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Machine Learning Engineer (Lead)
* End-to-end/full stack software solutions development and deployment of our Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) algorithms.
* Write, design, code, test, implement, debug, and validate applications; document design decisions and develop modular software components; monitor system performance metrics, and identify potential risks/issues.
* Lead multiple software development initiatives at any given time, serving as an expert for the escalation of complex application design and development issues.
* Provide active mentorship/guidance to junior members of the Agile Tech team and participate in internal and external technology communities.
* Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios, and define, establish, and execute against strategic technical management and business delivery roadmaps, actively managing data risks, issues, and impediments.
* Present project metrics, complex ML and AI concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Bachelor's Degree or military experience
* At least 5 years of open source software development experience in Python
* At least 2 years of software capabilities development experience in Machine Learning, Deep Learning, or Artificial Intelligence algorithms
* At least 2 years of experience in Continuous Integration/Continuous Development, Test Automation, Build Automation, and Test-Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of working code utilizing Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Chef, Terraform, Ruby, Git, or Docker in cloud computing environments
* Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Physics or Mathematics discipline.
* 6+ years of experience in full stack software development using Python, Scala, Java, RESTful API, Apache, Spark, Kafka, Micro-service etc., and successful deployment of capabilities in AWS Cloud computing environments.
* 4+ years of experience with the full AWS stack and distributed Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Python, Hive, Cloudera, etc.
* Experience with Tensorflow
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.