Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will perform high-level design based on provided external specifications. Specify, design and implement minor changes to existing software architecture. Build highly complex enhancements and resolve complex bugs. Build and execute unit tests and unit plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering as necessary to discuss minor changes to product functionality and to ensure quality and consistency across specific products.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Machine Learning Engineer - Oracle Health Sciences
This is a position for an experienced Machine Learning engineer with strong software development experience. As a member of our team, you will be part of an inter-disciplinary team of data scientists, software engineers, and domain experts working on real-world problems at the intersection of healthcare and pharmacology. In this role, you will research and develop Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing products for pre-processing, harmonizing, and analyzing a broad range of large and complex biomedical data sets. You will iterate on and build machine learning models for identifying drug-related information in unstructured data sets, maintain and refine training data, and develop signal processing methods for identifying adverse drug reactions.
As a Machine Learning developer,
* You will have a hand in the design and delivery of a high-quality cloud service with the capabilities, scalability and performance needed to match the needs of data science team and application development teams.
* You will need deep experience with designing and developing machine learning, deep learning, and artificial intelligence based solutions for solving real-world business problems with large and complex data systems
* Create framework for AI/ML code deployment to ensure robustness and reliability of production ready models
* Build production-grade algorithms, utilizing machine learning & deep learning models and/or NLP processes to create actionable insights and recommendations for end-users
* 4 years of industry experience developing machine learning models with business impact
* 1 years of experience in developing or using deep learning frameworks e.g. TensorFlow, Keras, etc.
* B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Physics or another quantitative field
* Practical experience building production quality applications related to natural language processing and machine learning
* Deep understanding of statistics / machine learning
* Demonstrated programming abilities in Python, Java, R. Willing to learn different programming languages as needed.
* Work closely with technical stakeholders to optimize and integrate machine learning models and algorithms, to productize models and algorithms
* Interface with software engineering team for the development of the product
* Design and develop proof-of-concept solutions as needed
* In-depth knowledge of machine learning algorithms and ability to apply them in data driven natural language processing systems
* Agile Software Development practices (e.g. Scrum, CI/CD etc.)
* Excellent written and oracle communication skills
* Strong analytical skills and an independent thinker
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.