Machine Learning Engineer
Position: Full time
Location: Carlsbad office
NTENT provides a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), allowing industry partners to customize, localize and integrate Voice Assistant and Search technologies directly into their business-to-consumer offerings. NTENT utilizes advanced machine learning to decipher meaning and surface the most relevant answers, results, content and ads, via conversational interfaces or text.
We are a unique group of brilliant minds intent on discovering, learning and building. We work in a vibrant atmosphere, with an emphasis on personal and professional development. This is an opportunity to tackle complex problems usually reserved for a handful of large companies in the search industry.
About the Opportunity:
We are looking for a talented Machine Learning Engineer to join our team and deliver world class search technologies. The right candidate will work on development, deployment, and lifecycle management of machine learning models for various large-scale applications (natural language understanding, dialog/conversation management, web search, recommendation, personalization).
Machine learning, deep learning, interactive machine learning, machine teaching, natural language understanding, conversational agents, human computer interaction
Duties and Responsibilities
* Design, implement, and deploy machine learning algorithms.
* Manage machine learning algorithm lifecycle.
* Design tools and interfaces for interactive machine learning and teaching.
* Coordinate data collection and annotation efforts.
* Work with real-time data and content coming from various data collection pipelines.
* Design tests for machine learning algorithm effectiveness and performance monitoring.
Qualifications and Skills
* Graduate degree in Computer Science with a strong background in machine learning/deep learning.
* PhD or experience working in a research lab a plus but not required.
* Experience in deep learning preferred.
* Strong Python programming, experience in other programming languages (eg. Java, Scala, R, Haskell) a plus.
* Expert knowledge on one or more contemporary machine learning tools (eg. scikit-learn, tensorflow, keras, pytorch, Spark MLlib).
* Experience with natural processing tasks (eg. named entity recognition, language modeling, vector representations, machine translation).
* Experience with interactive machine learning (eg. active learning, reinforcement learning, machine teaching) a plus but not required.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, possess excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and be able to work independently. A keen interest in various aspects of language processing is essential in our multi-disciplinary team.
We offer a full comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision. Employees receive a generous time off (PTO) plan and 13 holidays per year. We also offer 401(k) benefits, long term disability benefits and life insurance.