At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker's Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor's Employees' Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK Data Products is a multidisciplinary team of designers, software engineers and data scientists working inside MSK. Our mission is to transform how technology and data are used to prevent, control and ultimately cure cancer. We operate at the complex and fast-moving intersection of medicine and technology, and build software around the needs of some of the world's leading doctors and researchers.
We are looking to recruit an expert data scientist. As a member of our team, you will play an integral role in the development of data analysis pipelines that use advanced computational methods to extract actionable insight from troves of clinical, genomic, financial and operational data - collected at our institution over 20+ years. These computational pipelines will power software products that help doctors and researchers find, visualize, and make the best use of complex medical and scientific data.
* An experienced machine learning practitioner with a consistent track record of developing and applying advanced computational techniques to solve complex problems
* Able to creatively combine existing computational methods, and, when necessary, develop new ones to best analyze various types of data
* Capable of consulting and collaborating on projects involving interdisciplinary team members
* Phd. in Computer Science, Mathematics or related STEM field with 2+ years of research experience or MS in related quantitative field with 3-5 years of industry experience.
* Deep knowledge of advanced machine learning methodologies such as: deep learning, graphical models, natural language processing, etc
* Programming experience in Python, Scala or C++ and deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or Torch
* Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
* Experience building quantitative models and also coding them into production
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.