At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
Uber ATG is seeking an experienced Engineering Manager to help grow and guide our efforts on machine learning for autonomy.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* Access Uber's enormous data store while gaining subject matter expertise in various parts of the autonomy stack
* Learn from world-renowned practitioners of robotics, mapping, perception, logistics, machine learning, motion planning, mobile communications, and other fields
* See your work deployed fast and into the real world and stretch yourself as you switch from one tough problem to another
* Work with an outstanding engineering team and the support of an established data infrastructure
* Benefit from working at a dynamic startup inside an established, well-capitalized company
* Help grow the team and the careers of individual contributors
* Contribute to the long-term vision of the team and organization
* Establish and manage processes for efficient team execution
What You'll Need
* Past experience and proficiency in software development, statistics, machine learning, and big data.
* A graduate degree in a relevant field (computer science, engineering, statistics).
* People management experience nurturing careers, managing under- and over-performers, influencing cross-functional teams, recruiting and building teams
* Ability to work beyond your core engineering field and understand how the pieces fit together in the larger system
* Ability to quickly learn new technologies and adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment
* Passion and a sense of ownership over everything you ship
* A team player mentality with the belief that more can be achieved as a team and ability to understand how decisions affect others in the organization
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Toronto, and Boulder are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it's not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.