The mission of the AI Software Architectures & Algorithms Group is to lead the nation in applying Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning technologies to meet critical national security needs. Our mission areas include counter terrorism, counter human-trafficking, humanitarian assistance and disaster response, protection of the homeland, and protection of the global commons. In collaboration with industry and academia, we develop prototypes at the frontiers of AI for national security for the land, sea, air, and space domains. Our technology portfolio ranges from using AI to augment human capability to enabling autonomous operations. Our close-knit research teams have access to large amounts of data and apply modern coding practices to identify and execute highly impactful projects. Our staff exploit a deep understanding of relevant operational data sets and the workflows of intelligence analysts, military commanders, and law enforcement to make a difference. Access to on-premise supercomputing and public/private clouds provides ample opportunities to do research at scale. Areas of technical expertise include deep learning, computer vision, natural language processing, graph theory, big data architectures, anomaly detection, operations research, system autonomy, modeling and simulation, multimodal fusion, software engineering, and field experimentation.
Job Title: Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence Researcher
A research position is currently available to innovate state-of-the-art Artificial Intelligence (AI) techniques for a variety of datasets. Emphasis is on developing and applying breakthroughs in machine learning, in areas including computer vision and natural language processing. Projects will span all phases of the AI / machine learning lifecycle (understanding the problem, data processing, model training and evaluation, integration and testing, and monitoring) in support of rapid deployment to benefit national security.
* PhD in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or related engineering or information sciences discipline. In lieu of a PhD., a Master's and 5 years of experience or a Bachelor's and 10 years of experience will be considered.
* Experience with machine learning software (such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, scikit-learn, MXNet etc.) required.
* Experience in processing large computer vision data sets is a plus.
* Experience with big data computation and storage technologies (such as Hadoop, Spark, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, etc.) is a plus.
* Candidates must be able to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment and possess effective oral and written communication ability.
* Occasional travel may be required.
For Benefits Information, click http://hrweb.mit.edu/benefits
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information; U.S. citizenship is required.
All employees at Lincoln Laboratory are required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Requisition ID: 26522