The Advanced Concepts and Technologies Group (A3G) in the Combat Systems Branch of the Air and Missile Defense Sector (AMDS) is currently looking for a bright, independent individual to take on the position of Machine Learning Analyst. The ideal candidate thinks, acts, and collaborates in a creative manner to solve a wide variety of complex problems in a rapidly growing and evolving field.
In AMDS we pride ourselves on pushing our highly-skilled team members to grow, specialize, and experiment in their own individual areas of interest; and to bring that unique expertise to bear on the critical challenges facing our nation. Become part of this innovative team at the forefront of groundbreaking technology development and analysis.
Duties for the Machine Learning Analyst include:
* Researching, implementing and analyzing prototype algorithms for various machine learning tasks; quantifying and documenting the performance capabilities and limitations of algorithms for specific tasks, as well as providing metrics of robustness and confidence in specific approaches.
* Interacting with various data types, formats, and structures in a clear and appropriate manner for algorithm training and testing; performing any data cleaning, normalization, or manipulation as needed.
* Creating effective visualizations and comprehensive documentation to explain complex topics to a variety of audiences
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is a national leader in scientific research and development. In that spirit, A3G is looking to cultivate and encourage today's most innovative, ambitious, dedicated thinkers to propose new technologies and provide solutions for next-generation problems. With a vast network of cutting-edge technology and resources-and a laboratory full of brilliant minds-we invite you to apply for this competitive and rewarding position and to seize the opportunity to impact the world in which we live.
* Bachelor's degree in Math, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
* 2 years of experience in the machine learning and data science fields
* Fluency in Python and MATLAB with ability to translate mathematical concepts into well documented and efficient code
* Experience in typical Machine Learning and Data Science packages like: Pandas, Tensorflow, sklearn, and matplotlib
* Strong desire to collaborate and work within a team of researchers with ability to effectively communicate ideas and results
* Demonstrated experience in working with version control software like Git.
* Secret security clearance
* Master's degree in Engineering, Math, Computer Science, or related field
* 4 years of experience in designing and implementing ML algorithms for a variety of datasets
* Competence in a wide variety of programming languages, including MATLAB, C , Python, and Java, on both Linux and Windows platforms. Familiarity with advanced language features such as object-oriented programming, templates, lambdas, and stream-style collection manipulation
* Experience using high performance computing structures like GPU's and CPU clusters
* Top Secret security clearance
Security: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.