M&A IT Manager
M&A IT is a Marketing Offering that provides services across all facets of M&A - integration, separation, due diligence, and overall strategy. It is comprised of several different practices and disciplines: M&A, TS&A, SI, IM, Deloitte Digital, Oracle, and SAP; collaborating and working together to deliver solutions. Coordinating between teams and leveraging each other's skills is M&A IT's defining strength. M&A IT advises and supports the client through the entire lifecycle while driving value in specific aspects of the lifecycle.
Work you'll do
As a Manager, you will lead and deliver small or components of large, complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for large companies. Manager level responsibilities include: providing service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement. You will be expected to implement and oversee the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance. Managers participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities.
M&A | Restructuring and Cost Transformation
Our mandate is to enable our clients' ability to grow, optimize, and fundamentally change the nature of their business and competitive position. We do this via M&A, divestiture, and restructuring services from beginning to end.
Our Offering enables pre-deal and post-deal integration, divestiture, and major restructuring/cost transformation activities to achieve/exceed deal value, synergy targets, or strategic cost takeout objectives.
A candidate must meet the minimum experience in one or more of the below:
Must have minimum of 6 years in M&A IT or M&A IT Service Delivery:
* Provide corporate and private equity buyers with a broad continuum of advisory services to support mergers, acquisitions, carve-outs, investment and financing structures, disposition alternatives and post-transaction activities.
* Manage the design, architecture, develop, release, operation, and maintenance of software and advanced analytics products created from ideas generated within the Deloitte organization to help clients proactively plan and implement post-merger integration activities as well as manage complex carve out projects.
* Manage integrated, cross-functional teams to deliver M&A engagements across all of phases of the M&A lifecycle include due-diligence, pre-close, and post-merger integration.
* Lead clients thorough the complex transitions that come with transactions and transformations that are part of that journey including: target identification and pre-deal due diligence, M&A roadmaps, strategies, and synergy targets, developing Day 1 projects and plans and post Day 1 planning and execution.
* Manage business process analysis, mapping, and design for M&A projects focused on an IT work stream including IT infrastructure separation, data center migration, application integration/separation/rationalization, or IT synergies/cost reduction.
* Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors; develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients.
* Participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies.
* Perform role of counselor and coach; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices.
* Synthesize overall operations strategy by analyzing a wide variety of business solutions; select the most relevant tools/techniques to meet specific client requirements such as business case, pricing, or complex financial analysis and interpreting and reporting on outputs.
* Improve internal processes, and promote knowledge sharing in the team, by contributing to the community of practice, blogs, and other forms of market eminence.
* Experience planning and implementing IT integration and separation projects as the result of M&A activity.
* Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
* Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
* Apply practical experience with communications, culture, and change management.
* Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
* Experience with staff development and eagerness to mentor junior practitioners.
* An advanced degree is preferred.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATCMGRHM015-MA