The TJX Companies
Success is always in style at TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price apparel and home fashion retailer in the U.S. and worldwide. Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra and Homesense.
Want to make an impact?
As the Logistics Systems Manager you will lead the development and continuous improvement of the systems that support the logistics function, starting with the Transportation Management System. The position is responsible for ensuring the system is built, configured and maintained in support of critical business objectives. The Logistics Systems Manager acts as a critical liaison between IT and key business stakeholders, working closely with both to identify opportunities for improvement that will drive cost reductions and process improvements.
Ways you will make a difference:
Partner with the Transportation Management System software providers to form strong and influential relationships in representation of TJX
Collaborate with multiple stakeholders and work across IT and the business to drive cost reductions and process improvements
Provide ad-hoc information, reports, and business supported applications to support business decision making
Manage the optimization of transportation modes in the TMS optimization engine
The Skills that will Make You Successful
* Provides a high level of leadership and subject matter expertise to ensure TMS is built, configured, appropriately tested and deployed to provide a scalable solution to the business.
* Collaborate with business users regularly to understand, define and document business and technical needs and translate such needs into user's requirements and enhancements
* Provide technical expertise, business knowledge, reporting, analysis and coordination on essential configuration, processes and objectives supporting both logistics operations and freight payment
* Documents, manages and maintains system configuration.
* Leads all business testing in support of system implementations and future enhancements, in addition to the ongoing set-up and testing of new carriers.
* Leverages knowledge of system capabilities, provides recommendations on future solutions to meet dynamic business objectives; complete required analysis, design, development and testing of proposed changes.
Data & Analytics
* Ensures cleanliness and integrity of transportation master data and all system configurations. In partnership with IT, monitors system integrations and overall health.
* Leverages data to provide critical analytics to the operations - conduct what-if scenarios, identify areas of opportunity to drive efficiency & cost reduction and understand any data and/or system discrepancies that may be impacting performance.
* Develops and manage KPIs, reporting and dashboards
* 5-7 years of experience specifically involved with the design, implementation and/or leadership of supply chain systems.
* Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Industrial Engineering, IT, Operations Management, Logistics or Supply Chain.
* Experience with issue management, such as maintaining, prioritizing and resolving project issue list. Drive resolution with critical partners through influence, accountability and leadership.
* Experience with scope management, such as organizing customer requirements, tracking status of project deliverables and managing connections between multiple levels of scope detail.
* Proven process improvement capability. Preferred Qualifications include: Training and certification in Six Sigma or LEAN, or similar quality management experience
* Advanced knowledge of computer software/programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, SQL) required
* Knowledge of JDA TMS, Manhattan WMS, Tableau, EDI transactions, APIs, and network modeling tools
* Ability to create, run, and manipulate reports and dashboards.
* Knowledgeable of all modes of domestic and international transportation network optimization (including Dedicated Fleets, Consolidation, Transload, Dynamic Routing, etc.) as well as an understanding of transportation rules, regulations, standard processes and business policies.
* Proficient/expert knowledge of a Trasnport Management System and experience implementing transportation management system.
Ready to be part of our team?
* Represent the business in the event of critical issues related to TMS and associated EDI (on-call)
* Act as a business alignment leader between Logistics and IT related to the TMS applications. Communicate appropriately, translating technical aspects relevant to operational understanding.
* Develops and implements analytical tools that identify areas for improving service levels, reducing costs, and enhancing operations.
* Responsible for ensuring business requirements are accurately translated into system design to drive the success of the logistics organization.
At TJX, we are proud that, for 40 years, we have been providing amazing value to our customers, but the merchandise we sell is just part of our story. We believe our Associates bring our business to life, and we aim to support you by making TJX a terrific place to work. We are committed to leveraging our differences, and believe that the diverse skills, experiences and background that you bring into the organization will help us continue to succeed.
Discover Different. Apply today!
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package. TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Marlborough || MA
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Logistics, Engineer, Merchandising, Quality Manager, Manager, Operations, Engineering, Retail, Quality, Management
About The TJX Companies
The TJX Companies operates as an off-price apparel and home fashions retailer.