We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven't stopped there. We're empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We're here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business-and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
The Localization team is responsible for bringing Square products and services to the world. Our goal is to continue building upon our US success by delivering innovative, simple and unique experiences to our customers around the globe. We are looking for a highly motivated and technically skilled, localization project manager to join our fun, fast-paced team. Come help us shape and deliver Square product and marketing messages for our international markets! In this role you will be responsible for managing localization tasks, coordinating with remote vendors, communicating with stakeholders, and ultimately delivering an awesome experience for our global customers.
* Engage and build relationships with cross-functional teams and stakeholders (Product, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Success, etc.) to ensure localization requirements are implemented and the localization process is well understood.
* Schedule, manage, coordinate, track, and troubleshoot localization projects and tasks for multiple locales/languages.
* Manage several external linguists and LSPs to tailor efficient localization processes including translation, localization and LQA tasks.
* Design and implement efficient, sustainable, and robust localization project framework.
* Manage sets of linguistic resources: translation memories, term databases.
* Evangelize international and localization best practices.
* 4+ years of experience in Localization project management including vendor management or equivalent
* Passionate about globalizing software and hardware
* Outstanding organizational skills: ability to handle multiple projects for multiple locales simultaneously
* Ability to identify requirements and prioritize key deliverables
* Experience with CAT tools, LQA tools and machine translation post-editing tasks
* Experience with standard project management methodologies and tools
* Experience with content and translation management systems
* Excellent team player in a fast-paced multi-cultural team
Nice to Have:
* Japanese fluency
* Experience with collecting and analyzing localization data
* Excellent communication skills with technical and non technical stakeholders
* Proven problem solving skills
* SQL experience
At Square, our purpose is to empower - within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
Square is a financial services, merchant services aggregator and mobile payment company.