Amazon is all in on games.
We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and esports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future's most influential voices in media and art, come join us. At Amazon Game Studios, you'll have the power of Twitch, Amazon Web Services' cloud, and our digital and physical media publishing infrastructure available as raw material to forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, broadcasters and creators.
You are a Live Services Engineer with broad game development experience and world-class software engineering skills. You will utilize AWS technology to design, implement, and own the platforms and services that drive an unannounced title from Amazon Game Studios. Your team includes industry veterans of dozens of titles including Need for Speed, Call of Duty, Burnout Paradise, FarCry 4, Forza, Half Life 2, and Halo. This is a rare opportunity to get in at the beginning and help shape the foundation of a team delivering multiple game titles. Successful candidates will have a track record of shipping quality software and also excel at communication, customer focus, and iterating with game designers to deliver the best product.
As a Live Services Engineer, you will be expected to:
* Design, build and own a rock-solid and secure back-end platform built on top of AWS technologies.
* Work with the game team to build a set of tools and services that simplify deploying, debugging, authenticating, scaling, and running a live multiplayer game on PC and consoles with industry leading operational excellence.
* Help drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience.
* Assist in developing project plans and commitments, and then deliver consistently against those commitments.
* Be a champion for the gamer: Build games that thrill and entertain our players and create new ways to delight customers.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.