Two Sigma Investments
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world's most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
The Two Sigma Security team is focused on pushing the boundaries of what is possible when we reevaluate traditional assumptions and embrace modern technology. Whether we are unlocking the potential of quantitative analysis, pushing the limits of zero trust, driving cloud infrastructure to new heights, or developing our own solutions to common authentication and authorization challenges, we embody a culture of proactive and transparent innovation.
The Security Infrastructure team partners closely with our stakeholders through the design, development and implementation of initiatives that span various security platforms, as well as their operation, in order to provide a reliable and scalable backbone of core services for Two Sigma.
The Security Infrastructure Engineer will report to the manager for Security Infrastructure and work hand-in-hand with other members of the team, additional teams within Security, and will partner with a number of engineering teams across the firm. Success for this role will be defined through demonstrated ownership of technology areas and tools, contributions to the Security Infrastructure team's knowledge, tooling, products, and documentation. This role will entail designing secure infrastructure, establishing and following best practices for DevOps style operations, and ensuring the needs of our partners and customers are met.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
* Automating infrastructure tasks using Ansible and deploying configuration changes across our fleet of servers
* Identifying and grooming a new data source to feed into our event collection platform using Stackdriver and GCP
* Developing a metric for an impactful key result that can be measured and visualized on a dashboard
* Designing and implementing a new security solution that improves the overall risk posture of Two Sigma
You should possess the following qualifications:
* 3+ year(s) of experience automating Unix systems management:
* Fluent Bash scripting
* Fluency in at least one high level scripting language (Python (preferred), perl)
* DNS, networking
* 3+ years of experience with configuration management tooling (Ansible, Chef, etc)
* 3+ years of experience managing and troubleshooting at least one hypervisor platform (Xen, KVM, etc)
* Familiarity with Kerberos concepts and troubleshooting
* Cross-realm trust
* Client, server and KDC configuration
* Familiarity with RADIUS concepts and troubleshooting
You will enjoy the following benefits:
* Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
* Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
* Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
* Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
About Two Sigma Investments
Two Sigma Investments is a hedge fund that utilizes machine learning, distributed computing, and other technologies to improve investment strategies.