This individual will join the Linux team at Costco, participating in the administration of the Linux environment, integration of licensed and/or OEM software packages as well as all strategic and tactical planning of the environment required to meet Costco-specific business needs. The individual filling this role will also be expected to deliver excellent customer service and to interact in a highly effective manner with other team members and management. Costco is looking for a creative individual who can effectively manage projects and multiple tasks to meet business objectives.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Implements and maintains enterprise-class Linux solutions that support systems such as ERP and WebSphere. * Designs and implements a toolset that simplifies provisioning and support of a large enterprise Linux environment. * Collaborates with Enterprise Architecture to design and review architectural decision documents. * Strong focus on design, build, deployment, security, system hardening and securing services. * Plans and executes major platform software and operating system upgrades and maintenance across a highly virtualized environment. * Creates and maintains detailed up-to-date technical documentation. * Manages the planning, implementation, and upgrade of OEM packages. * Proactively manages system resources to assure maximum system performance and appropriate additional capacity for peak periods and growth. * Plans, configures and implements features on the Linux platform that improve availability, response time, and monitoring of key system metrics. * Provides support to the user community using incident and problem management tools, email, and voicemail. * Periodic off-hours work required including weekends and holidays. Must be able to provide 24 by 7 on-call support as necessary. * Maintains current knowledge of industry trends and standards. * Regular and reliable workplace attendance at your assigned location.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary. * Assists in other areas of the company as necessary.
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
* Minimum of 1 year of IT experience. * Developing and documenting standard operating procedures and best practices in a technical repository. * Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to logically think through problem situations. * Proven ability to quickly learn new technologies and procedures. * Excellent verbal and written communication skills. * Proven ability to partner with others in the area or company to deliver quality solutions. * Able to work effectively and produce consistent results with a minimum of supervision. Self-motivated, responsible, conscientious, and detail-oriented. * Able to work well under pressure and handle crisis situations professionally. * Ability to easily adapt to a rapidly changing work environment. * Experience with services in Enterprise a plus- Active Directory, DNS, Apache, and Tomcat. * Basic understanding of Linux Operating systems (any version).
* Experience with VMWare and virtualized environments. * Experience in Systems Management and Administration (applying fixes, loading the OS, creating Gold images, resolving system issues, working with vendors to resolve issues, etc.) preferred. * Provisioning experience with Red Hat Satellite Server a plus. * Experience using Red Hat Linux a plus. * B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent formal training and experience. * Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.