What you'll be doing...
Seeking a Linux System Administrator. The member technical staff will be a part of large to enterprise wide sized projects related to the Linux environment. Projects can range from reviewing new technologies, to evaluating/selecting tools, and providing input to other team members on how to set up these technologies and tools.
* Partner directly with the business and application teams to assess new business intelligence requirements and determining how best to apply emerging technologies to meet those needs.
* Work directly with application teams to understand the requirements of the various end user requirements.
* Functions include gathering requirements, ordering hardware, coordinating installation, building server, applying firmware/patches and being part of a team that provides 24 x 7 on-call support.
* Shift: 8am - 5pm, some occasional night work, be part of on-call rotation.
What we're looking for...
You will need to have:
* Associate's degree or two or more years of work experience.
* Three or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Three or more years' RHEL and Administration experience.
* Strong knowledge of system design and hardware at an enterprise level.
* Excellent technical/analytical skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Ability to lead and to make decisions.
* Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Experience in Red Hat Pacemaker clustering technology.
* Experience in HP Proliant hardware.
* Experience in Cisco UCS.
* Experience using HPSA.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.