Raytheon BBN Technologies is one of Raytheon's premier research and development centers. Our diverse research portfolio combines the best technologies to deliver innovative, custom solutions with real-world benefit.
Join an environment with the opportunity to work with the latest computer technologies. The incumbent will join a team that administers a scientific computing center. Primary responsibilities include some server installation, configuration, maintenance, and documentation. Responsibilities also include desk top support, maintenance, and documentation. This person should be able to learn new technologies quickly. Flexibility and attention to detail are essential to ensure our team's success. Total facilities include ~100 users, a ~500 node Linux compute cluster, and ~12 NAS storage.
Required Education and Experience:
* Bachelor Degree and 3+ years of experience minimum.
* 3+years as a Linux systems administrator
* Experience in shell scripting or scripting languages such as: bash, python, and perl.
* Ability to identify and automate routine tasks.
* Ability to perform system builds and upgrades, and product installation and maintenance.
* A solid understanding of a LINUX-based operating system and use of performance analysis to tune systems.
* Ability to establish/recommend policies on system use and services.
Desired Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology or a relevant technical discipline and 3 years of systems administration experience.
* Experience with system configuration tools such as Puppet or similar.
* Experience with installing and maintaining databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB.
* An understanding of a Windows operating system and services (Active Directory/Group Policies, WSUS, and Sharepoint)
* A solid understanding of networking such as DHCP, DNS, NFS, SSH, host firewalls, etc.
* Experience with any of the following Windows applications: Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO's, WDS, Microsoft HPC, IIS, MSSQL, VMware, Sharepoint.
* Experience with any of the following Linux applications: LDAP, kickstart, yum, Sun Grid Engine, Apache, MySQL, DRBD, KVM, T/FTP, send mail, puppet, or Perl.
* Experience with Cisco Switches/Routers.
* Experience with systems security maintenance and compliance.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
* Ability to recognize and apply IT industry standards.
* Strong inter-personal and communication skills. Capable of writing documentation, acting as a vendor liaison, making presentations to client audiences or professional peers.
* Attention to detail.
* Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
* Good communications skills (oral and written).
* Ability to take tasks and projects to completion, with a sense of ownership about work.
* Experience with trouble ticket systems.
* US Government security clearance preferred.
* US citizenship is required. 140028 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
MA - Cambridge
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.