How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon currently has an exciting IT position available that supports the Raytheon mission of making the world a safer place. We are seeking a Linux System Administrator that will be working in a highly collaborative, multi-platform and multi-disciplined environment. The Linux System Administrator must have the ability to obtain a top secret security clearance as they will be responsible for administering systems that contain classified data. The candidate is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software related to Linux infrastructure for both the classified and unclassified programs. Duties include, but are not limited to, server infrastructure maintenance and support; server management (software and hardware); storage management (logical and physical); cross platform authentication and access management; data backup and restoration; software and license configuration; and workstation support.
By any measure, Raytheon is an exciting and rewarding place to work. We pride ourselves on developing world-class talent in an inclusive atmosphere. The result is a workforce that takes pride in the company and consistently delivers superior solutions. Besides supporting our noble mission and collaborating with diverse and talented individuals, other benefits at Raytheon include a flexible 9/80 schedule, technical training, career growth opportunities, new technology immersion, and a work site 3 miles from the beach , Los Angeles International Airport and minutes from the LA Metro green line train stop. Raytheon has also been recognized for several prestigious awards including Fortune 500, Fortune's Global 500, ComputerWorld's "100 Best Places to Work in IT 2017," and Human Rights Campaign 2017 "Best Place to Work" for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees. The candidate's roles and responsibilities include:
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* 6 years of related relevant experience
* Systems deployment, administration, performance tuning, and monitoring
* Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
* Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for system administration tasks
* Diagnose, test, and resolve applications and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved
* Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
* Familiar with Window Servers, Active Directory and Group Policy
* Familiar with Network and infrastructure services such as domain controllers, global catalogs, DNS, and DHCP
* Infrastructure backup, restore, disaster recovery and business continuity
* Critical thinking - ability to solve technical problems independently and with collaborative teams
* Effective written and interpersonal communication
* Position may require some travel
* Ability to lift 15 pounds
* Experience with SELinux
* Experience with Kickstart
* Familiarity with Splunk & Centrify products
* CompTIA Security+ certification or other industry-recognized certifications relevant to a Windows System Administrator
* Experience with Solaris 10
* BASH Scripting
* Familiar with Chef, Ansible, Puppet, CFEngine, etc
* Active DoD Secret/TS security clearance
* ITIL Foundations and/or ITIL Service Operations
Minimum Education Requirement: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology or an additional 8 years of experience in lieu of a completed degree.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.