The Linux Engineer's role is to plan, organize, and architect enterprise systems environment at Reyes Holdings and be a subject matter expert with cloud infrastructure focus. This position will ensure the enterprise Linux infrastructure systems are properly planned, installed, configured, secured, and maintained. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly with a focus in Azure and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure services. This role will also be working closely with VMware and Windows engineers, SAN engineers, networking engineers and cloud engineers. Must have excellent customer service skills, be highly proficient in both written and verbal communication, and must be able to lead projects, such cloud migrations and cloud tool selection.
People or Process Management Responsibility:
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
* Responsible for the architecting, management, support and maintenance of Enterprise Linux systems on prem & cloud
* Maintaining policies, procedures, and training plans related to systems administration and appropriate use
* Interaction with Active Directory as it relates to enterprise applications
* Identification and troubleshooting server performance issues using native Windows Server & Linux tools and utilities
* Work with the architecture and engineering teams (Network, Storage, Citrix, Data Center) to implement, design, and perform implementation/configuration changes.
* Establishes and maintains regular written and in-person communications with the organization's executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, Service Desk, and end users regarding pertinent infrastructure activities.
* Adhere to industry best practices for Linux & window technologies.
* Responsible for identity integration to all cloud providers
* Leads large, complex infrastructure projects that may require cross-department and business unit resources and coordination
* Keeps current with industry technology trends to identify solutions that may benefit the business
* Identifies and evaluates future technology options, with a focus on cloud-based solutions, to support technology growth and organization maturity
* Build, maintain, and audit all related documentation as it relates to configuration, processes, service records, topologies, support contacts
* Perform any and all other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
* B.S. in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
* 5-7 years working experience and proficiency with Redhat Linux administration and troubleshooting in an Enterprise multi-site environment
* Extensive knowledge of server architecture - databases and logs, virtualization.
* Experience with supporting technologies and protocols including archiving, security, DNS, storage, Auto discover, Active Directory, log analysis, data backup, scripting, patching, client app packaging.
* Possess a thorough understanding of Linux OS, SQL DB, Oracle DB, Middleware and networking systems
* Routing, VPN, network security knowledge
* Experience with problem management and incident change processes and procedures
* Excellent communication and organizational skills
* Excellent customer service skills and focus
* This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test
Preferred Skills and Experience:
* Thorough working knowledge of Redhat Linux 5/6/7
* Sound working knowledge of Internet/Intranet technologies including security features.
* Security and access control in a NON- cloud & cloud environment
* Sound working knowledge of network infrastructure and operations, including switching, routing, Ethernet, TCP/IP.
* Sound working knowledge of remote access technology.
* RHCSA/RHCE preferred.
* Virtualization technologies such as VMware etc
* Assist in the evaluation of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, private, hybrid, public cloud services
* DevOps experience with TerraForm/Ansible, Jenkins, GitHub
* Has managed or participated in the development of cloud-based platforms, Azure & OCI
* Cloud rollouts and operations
* Has worked on multiple projects as project leader on issues of high complexity that require in-depth knowledge of multiple technical areas
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.