Raytheon is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment; including introducing new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats.
Responsibilities will include:
The Principal System Engineer will maintain the current deployment build via build servers employing Kick Start, PXE and bash scripting. The build servers will have the ability to repetitively build a reliable system to be deployed to departments and agencies throughout the United States. The Engineer will have a background that includes Networks, Cabling, System Administration, Hardware, Software, Network Security, expert trouble shooting skills, and working well with a wide variety of people.
The Engineer will have ability and willingness to travel up to 40 percent of the time. The Engineer will have a vehicle and be willing to drive it to sites around the DC Metropolitan area. The Engineer must have the ability to lift at least 70 pounds repeatedly.
Responsibilities also include:
* Upgrade the build servers from RHEL6 to RHEL7, migrate/update the bash scripts to build the deployable systems. STIG the build and implement SE Linux on the build.
* Investigate, build and test future hardware platforms.
* Update capture card drivers and integrate into server build as RPM packages.
* Maintain secure baseline with STIG.
* Perform deployment services, including site surveys and site installation and test.
* Develop technical documentation, including installation diagrams, user guides, and standard operating procedures.
* Maintain and develop database for tracking accountable government equipment.
* Perform individually without supervision and as part of a team.
* Must have active Top Secret clearance with SSBI in last five and must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
* Experience with networking fundamentals
* Experience with Linux Operating Systems (RHEL6 and RHEL7)
* Experience with Bash scripting
* Experience with Cisco/Sourcefire
* Experience with Dell Hardware Platforms
* Cisco Certified Engineer
* RedHat Certified (RHCE)
* Knowledgeable of the application of STIGs to secure LINUX services and applications.
* Multi-platform experience (Windows, UNIX, LINUX) a plus.
Required Education (including Major):
* B.S/B.A and 8 years of related work experience.
* Masters degree with 6 years of related work experience
* Professional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
139434BR 139434 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Top Secret - Current
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.