About Foundation Medicine:
Foundation Medicine began with an ideato simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Our Laboratory Applications support professionals ensure productivity in our Automated Clinical Laboratory operations. This position will be dedicated to the third shift hours (11pm - 7am). This person will administer and support our Thermo Fisher (Nautilus) Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and other related applications in our labs. The role also includes system maintenance and documentation. This position requires the ability to work as either a member of a team or as the sole support engineer.
* Maintain and administer Nautilus LIMS and associated applications for customer base consisting of clinical technologists and research scientists.
* Troubleshoot system errors based on Standard Operating Procedures.
* Conduct Root Cause Analysis for recurring issues to identify potential solutions in order to prevent future problems.
* Document issues, their impact and root cause, and also recommend remediation paths.
* Conform to all change control and product release policies.
* Participate in the continuous process improvement of Lab IT solutions.
* Generate new documentation for knowledge bases and provide training for new or modified LIMS workflows and lab applications.
* Support and train LIMS users. Create or modify work instructions as necessary.
* Understand the Database and execute SQL queries on demand to provide data to customers.
* Escalate customer concerns and complaints to senior engineers as appropriate.
Position Skill Set:
* Experience in customer support for enterprise applications.
* Experience in developing and maintaining SDLC documentation.
* Experience with relational databases and Structured Query Language (SQL).
* Experience with conducting root cause analysis.
* Working knowledge of MS windows operating systems.
* Ability to document and report troubleshooting procedures and resolutions.
* Write, Review, Execute IQ and OQ documents.
* Develop User Guides or Work Instructions document.
* Ability to work as an individual as well as in a team environment.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Technical Support and/or Customer Service experience with the associated skills in patience, courtesy and diplomacy.
* Minimum of 2 years' experience in an IT support role.
* Some experience in LIMS configuration or maintenance (desirable).
* Experience with one of the programming languages (.NET, Java Script, C# and Python) would be very nice to have.
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in an Engineering or IT related field.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI's EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.