Founded in 1998, Retro Studios is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Company, Ltd. Retro is a state-of-the-art game development studio, working in conjunction with Nintendo to bring award-winning games to Nintendo's cutting-edge next-generation platforms. Retro Studios is located in beautiful Austin, Texas. With rolling hills, scenic waterways, abundant wildlife, vibrant music and film scenes, and a laid-back cosmopolitan culture, Austin is a dynamic city with an excellent quality of life. Austin's sunny weather also supports a great range of outdoor activities, providing plenty of venues for top-notch game developers to recharge and unwind.
* Develops, maintains, and supports the Windows PC applications and libraries necessary for game content creation
* Provide input to work prioritization based on user needs
* Support users through triage and training in areas they have worked, and other areas when necessary
* Participates in code reviews for their work and work of others in areas they have worked
* Enumerate work required to complete requests from users in areas they have worked
* Estimate work as part of team iteration planning
* Develops understanding and knowledge through performing work in new areas of the tools
* Identifies and proposes solutions for content creation bottlenecks
* Participates in creating standards, frameworks and libraries for internal tools
* May work directly on video game projects as necessary to meet Studio commitments
* This job description outlines primary duties and requirements and is not intended to identify all tasks that may be performed; individuals occupying the position may be required to perform other duties. The company may modify job duties from time to time, either in practice or in writing.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
* Proficiency in C#
* Understanding of C /CLI (C#/C interop)
* Understanding of .NET runtime including Memory Management and other performance critical behaviors
* Experience developing applications and libraries for game content creation
* Background in object-oriented design and software engineering methodologies
* WPF, SQL, WCF, Maya API/MEL, Python, and game content tool development preferred
* Effective organization, time-management, analytical and problem-solving skills
* Experience in a support organization providing user support
* 3 years' experience
* Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field required, or specific experience video game programming.
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.