The Technical Support Analyst is responsible for advanced field operations support on both hardware and software, providing pre and post-sales technical support as well as the development, enhancement and delivery of training courses and content for product lines supported by Burroughs.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
Essential duties and examples of day to day responsibilities will include
* Technical Support Analyst will work with multiple product lines but be primarily focused on NCR ATM and ITMs for use by financial institutions.
* Provide support for internal and external customers on hardware and software products. This includes over the phone or on-site support.
* Continually research and acquire OEM specific domain knowledge from the ATM sales, service and repair industries.
* Development of technical documentation for products including software and hardware.
* Development of training for Field and Support staff including Instructor-led and on-line classes.
* Deliver technical training to internal and external customers on the operation and maintenance of Burroughs Supported products as needed.
* As needed learn new products for the purpose of support, training, and training development.
* Maintain records of support and communicate progress to managers and customers as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Strong knowledge, skill and abilities in specifying, supporting and maintaining PC based equipment.
* Strong customer service and interpersonal relationship skills required.
* Ability to work with and adjust to a variety of internal and external customers - technical, non-technical.
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications to include: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Experienced and productive in data collection and metrics analysis related to service improvement.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills a must.
* Strong planning, organizing, multitasking, and coaching skills required.
* Fundamental understanding of adult learning theory and principles.
* Must have ability to travel nationally as required.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
* This position requires use of lab equipment, computers, laptops and IP/cell phones. Most work will be in office, lab or home office environments.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear.
* The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
* Required to reach, kneel, stoop, climb and/or balance.
Education and Experience:
* High School diploma and a minimum of 2 additional years of education in a technical/engineering discipline from an accredited institution or service school.
* Minimum 3 years experience in the installation, repair, and/or maintenance of NCR full function ATM and ITM products and related electronic/electro-mechanical devices.
* Minimum of 3 years experience with NCR APTRA software with a heavy focus on programming, configurations, and updates. Must have working knowledge of APTRA EDGE, AANDC, APTRA Exchange, Activate, DD.DAT, and SYSApp.
* Minimum 3 years experience in advanced hardware and software field engineer support for PC based electro-mechanical systems.
* Proficient in basic electronic principals and troubleshooting including experience with network test clients, DMM and Scopes
* Prior experience providing pre and post-sale product support is required.
* Experience in developing and maintaining upgrade catalogs and pricing models for OEM projects support preferred.
* Technical training experience including online content publishing preferred.