Founded in 1998, Retro Studios is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Company, Ltd. Retro is a state-of-the-art game development studio, working in conjunction with Nintendo to bring award-winning games to Nintendo's cutting-edge next-generation platforms. Retro Studios is located in beautiful Austin, Texas. With rolling hills, scenic waterways, abundant wildlife, vibrant music and film scenes, and a laid-back cosmopolitan culture, Austin is a dynamic city with an excellent quality of life. Austin's sunny weather also supports a great range of outdoor activities, providing plenty of venues for top-notch game developers to recharge and unwind.
* Designs, develops, writes, tests, and implements runtime code in C
* Works directly with Designers to implement new AI and AI features
* Documents and gathers requirements from users for software to be implemented
* Documents and trains other engineers and content creators on the use of system for which he has responsibility
* Works with other engineers to formulate solutions to problems that either he or they may implement
* Participates in providing feedback for other engineers on their work
* Establishes domain expertise in two or more specializations
* This job description outlines primary duties and requirements and is not intended to identify all tasks that may be performed; individuals occupying the position may be required to perform other duties. The company may modify job duties from time to time, either in practice or in writing.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
* Prior experience working on AI for video-games preferred.
* Understanding of 3D techniques and algorithms and their applications in computer simulation and video game software
* 5 years of experience preferred.
* Strong understanding of data structure, data-oriented design, object-oriented design and software engineering methodologies
* Effective organization, analytical and problem-solving skills
* Strong math and physics skills
* Industrial experience in programming languages, such as C/C , C#
* Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment with rapidly changing requirements, with a continuous focus on quality is a must
* Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field required, or specific experience video game programming.
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.