Amazon Legal is looking for an outstanding, analytical, and technically skilled Data Engineer to join our Legal Technology team. This position will be responsible for building and supporting business analytics and reporting for the Amazon Legal department as a whole.
This role requires an individual with excellent statistical and analytical abilities, deep knowledge of business intelligence solution and, data engineering practices as well as outstanding business acumen and an ability to work with a variety of teams across Amazon Legal. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, have a strong attention to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and be driven by a desire to innovate in this space. In this role, the right person will be able to revolutionize the department's monthly reporting processes and develop insightful and meaningful metrics and reports that enable decision making at all levels.
* Support a platform providing secure access to departmental reporting across all areas of legal practice.
* Interface with business customers and delivering complete BI solutions.
* Model data and metadata to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting.
* Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
* Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
* Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon's data resources and know when, how, and which to use and which not to use.
* Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or creating self-service options.
* Develop analytical tools to provide transparency into spend
* Create operational scorecards based on key metrics, leveraging multiple different data sources to build a cohesive story
* Synthesize and translate complex findings into relevant and actionable insights
Amazon is an electronic commerce and cloud computing company.