Posting Number A01194 Position Title Learning Spaces Specialist Position Number E 903 Salary for Announcement
The starting salary for this position is $48,557. The final salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Employee Category Administrators Department ITS - Client Services EClass Code Admin < FT with benefits Position Summary
The Learning Spaces Specialist position supports MSU Denver's mission by enabling technology in University's learning spaces across campus. As a Learning Spaces Specialist, you are the first contact to assist students and faculty with classroom technology. You will be working with a team of student employees who help ensure that classrooms, labs and conference spaces are fully functional, and you set the standard for service excellence among your peers and direct reports.
When not directly assisting the campus community, you will work on new projects, frequently researching and testing new equipment that you include in the design for future learning space installations. From time to time, you'll also support University events in both academic and non-academic settings, ensuring that presentation technology and live streaming equipment are operating as expected.
Metropolitan State University is an equal opportunity employer.
60% Learning Spaces Support & Implementation:
Deploy and support technology in MSU Denver learning spaces, including but not limited to: projectors, document cameras, switchers, computers, AMX controllers/touch panels and relevant cabling/interconnects. Provide Tier-II (post-Helpdesk) and Tier-III (vendor-facing) technical support, and assists with network troubleshooting when required. Provides Tier-I/II student technical support on an as-needed basis to ensure availability of technical services. Configure, install and implement new technology solutions/systems as directed.
Provide primary support to University-managed learning spaces during the day/evening hours. Ensure the technical operations of all student laboratories including desktop and laptop computer support for both Mac and Windows platforms.
Provides and promotes customer service and technical support to faculty, staff and students consistent with IT division and industry standards. Assists in planning, designing, and enhancing technology related to all learning spaces and provides regular transfer of information to team members through detailed documentation and/or other relevant teaching methods. Works with tech support, staff, and customers to facilitate hardware/software installations, upgrades, and reconfigurations. Ensures the daily operations of all computer laboratories through coordination of resources, information and regulations.
Prepare recommendations regarding Service Level Agreements and future investment to ensure ongoing availability of quality customer service and compelling, current systems in learning spaces.
Performs scheduled maintenance and repairs in learning spaces as needed.
Mentor student employees through structured trainings, one-on-one coaching and daily response to their questions. Be available to all team members via email and chat clients throughout the day.
Promotes a work environment that ensures open conversation and sharing of ideas as they pertain to lab operations and smart classrooms. Identify, analyze, triage and resolve technical problems or escalate to level IT professional for collaboration if employee cannot solve issues related to the network and computer environment, and to other lab managers as appropriate.
Prepares and delivers internal and external presentations and/or trainings regarding capabilities and usability of technology solutions.
Maintains current documentation regarding various lab services, including but not limited to print management, digital signage, staff training, policies and lab reservation system software.
Prepares regular status reports regarding environment operations, successes and challenges.
Attends internal collaborative meetings and client-facing meetings on an as needed basis.
15% Media & Event Support
Assist with Media and Event production by deploying lecture captures cameras for faculty and staff. Provide training to faculty and staff on camera operation and basic troubleshooting for lecture capture. Export, edit and deliver lecture capture video in a timely manner. Provide assistance in camera operation and other production duties on various multi and single camera shoots in studio, classroom and/or remote productions.
* Attends professional development courses to improve technical and supervisory skills. * Other duties as needed and assigned, including technical event management and support. * Occasional after-hours or on-call work may be required.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college (two years of related experience is equivalent to one year of education). * Experience providing customer service and technical support in an information technology or audiovisual systems environment.
* 1 or more years of experience serving as a team or work lead in an information technology or audiovisual systems environment. * 2 or more years of experience providing customer service and technical support in an information technology or audiovisual systems environment. * Experience working in higher education. * Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on professional discourse. * Familiarity with educational technologies, including but not limited to, student response systems, classroom management systems, and AV technologies. * Experience creating and delivering technical presentations or trainings. * Experience with AMX AV control systems. * An industry-recognized audiovisual systems certification, including but not limited to Infocomm CTS, AMX Solutions Master or similar.
Posting date 05/10/2019 Closing date Closing Instructions Open Until Filled To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT) 05/24/2019 Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete applications received by May 24, 2019 will receive full consideration. Position is open until filled.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
* Resume * Cover Letter/Letter of Application * References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* * Thank you for considering employment at Metropolitan State University of Denver! We would like to know how you heard about MSU Denver and our Career Site. Please select the category below that describes how you heard about the position you are applying for. * msudenver.edu Career Site * A friend or colleague * Andrew Hudson * Colorado State Home page * Craigslist * Current MSU Denver Employee * Glassdoor * Google Jobs Search * Higher Ed Jobs * Indeed * LinkedIn * Monster * The Chronicle of Higher Education * Other
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.