Princeton University's Office of Information Technology (OIT) has an opening for a highly skilled Support and Training Analyst to join its Learning Management System team. The Learning Management System team is responsible for managing, maintaining and providing training in the University's virtual learning environments.
Reporting to the senior manager, the support and training analyst, in conjunction with the University's Center for Teaching and Learning, works closely with faculty, students and staff on facilitating the use of technology and media in teaching, learning, and research. The analyst provides one-on-one and group training; user support by phone and online; and maintains a robust knowledgebase of end user articles and internal systems support documentation. The analyst also contributes to system evaluation, upgrade and testing as the University continues to evolve Princeton's learning management services and platforms.
This position is a 3-year, benefits eligible term position.
* In partnership with the senior manager and the senior application developer, support, maintain, document and provide training for the University's learning management system
* Support the faculty, staff and student users of the academic systems by phone support, through service management system communication, and through office visits
* Plan for and conduct one-on-one and group training sessions in support of the academic systems; develop training sessions audience specific and appropriate for the venue
* Work closely with faculty and staff to help achieve the successful use of the academic systems in teaching, learning, researching, and course management
* Produce and maintain self-help resources that complement training, including how-to knowledge articles, FAQs, and training resources for existing, new, and upgraded functions or technologies
* Research trends in academic technology systems and applications, recommend best practices, and advise faculty on applicability and suitability of applications for given task
* For system upgrades, track changes, evaluate new features, review issues, and do comprehensive testing
* Assist with the management and maintenance of applications integrated with the LMS, including research, evaluation, testing, upgrading, back-end modification, and writing/maintaining internal technical support documentation
* 3 to 5+ years of experience supporting faculty and students using leading learning management platforms, such as Blackboard, Canvas, and/or Brightspace.
* 5+ years of experience providing customer support for a mid- to large-sized organization
* 3+ years of experience providing one-on-one and group training
* Experience writing training documentation and support resources
* Excellent troubleshooting and software testing skills
* Enthusiasm for learning and developing new skills and keeping abreast of new and emerging educational technologies
* Interest in the purposeful use of technology in higher education and research
* Ability to edit CSS and HTML
* Experience with migrating learning management services to a new vendor provider
* Experience with the Blackboard learning management platform
* Experience with service management software, preferably ServiceNow
* Experience with/knowledge of accessibility and usability standards
* Experience with/knowledge of programming languages such as PEARL, JAVA, PHP
* Experience with basic Unix(Linux) shell commands, setting up cron jobs, shell scripts and database SQL querying
* Knowledge of tablets and mobile technology
Bachelor's degree, or related work experience in a college or university environment
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Salary GradeAIT, 030 Standard Weekly Hours36.25 Eligible for OvertimeNo Benefits EligibleYes Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)No Estimated Appointment End Date7/15/2022 Physical Capacity Exam RequiredNo Valid Driver's License RequiredNo