The Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator is responsible for administering the Learning Management System. This individual manages Training Activities, Curricula, Training Plans, Training Schedules, Certifications, and any other aspect of Acorda's training and professional development programs managed within the LMS. The LMS Administrator coordinates with department heads to design training plans and curricula to meet specific business training requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
* Supports business owners who create course content by collaborating with them to create and execute processes for organizing/retrieving, backing up, securing, and incorporating online course content into training activities.
* Creates Training Activities including scheduled instructor-led classes; required documents, and other supported Activity types.
* Uploads Training Content (SCORM Files) to the LMS.
* Creates training schedules and calendars.
* Manages Training Curricula for multiple departments.
* Prepares reports of training performance for individual departments as well as company-wide.
* Manages interfaces to Acorda's HR Data Repository and DocCompliance (Document Management System.)
* Participates in the implementation and upgrades of the system.
* Serves as the LMS (Learning Management System) Super User.
* Provides customer support to all LMS users as needed for functional issues.
* Maintains liaison with the LMS supplier for product issue escalation, product enhancement requests, and product news such as upcoming release features and schedule.
Education and/or Experience:
* Associates degree in Computer Information Systems, or equivalent knowledge, required. Equivalent knowledge may be obtained by having applicable, up to date, software vendor certification.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems preferred.
* Minimum of three years IT Support experience required.
* Prior experience with LMS such as SumTotal, Success Factors preferred.
* Experience with other business applications such as Oracle ERP, SAP, NAV, Qumas, TrackWise, or Argus preferred.
* Experience in Web development such as JAVA, .NET, HTML, XML, SQL, Jasper Studio preferred
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
* Demonstrated ability to write technical documents (specifications, test scripts).
* Working Knowledge of FDA regulations.
* Must be proficient in MS Office Suite.
* Familiarity with multiple browsers: Chrome, IE, Safari
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
* Business Application support certification preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities:
* Exhibits superior customer service skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Performs duties independently in a highly dynamic, fast-paced business environment.
* Demonstrates attention to detail.
* Good project management and organization skills.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* This position requires minimal travel; average travel for this position is 5-10% with some variation based upon the demands of the business imperatives.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
No specific work demands.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About Acorda Therapeutics
Acorda Therapeutics is a biotechnology company focused on developing therapies that restore function and improve the lives of people with neurological disorders.