What you'll be doing...
We are looking to hire Lead Voice Support Engineer to join the Verizon OMNI Voice Team. The candidate will define, build and optimize advanced system application architecture based on complex business requirements and enterprise technology needs. Systems and applications are used to provide voice and contact center functionality to cross functional business units. Works with users and IT partners to define systems requirements and creates optimized solution and troubleshooting. Leads small to medium size efforts and provides technical leadership to staff members.
Define and lead to completion the following tasks in collaboration with team and management:
* Provide technical leadership for large scale projects like platform migrations, new technologies and operationalization of distributed and complex applications.
* Provide technical leadership in the planning, administration and operation of a large, multi-platform and highly network computing environment.
* Define, build and customize cloud architecture and framework for Greenfield and brownfield applications.
* Provide technical leadership for day to day operations like monitoring the performance of system hardware, network, and applications on daily basis.
* Provide level 3 troubleshooting for IVR and voice applications and systems.
* Guide team members to execute operational tasks like resolving trouble tickets, analyzing and resolving ad hoc issues.
* Provide technical tasks list and define processes including deployment, roll out and back out steps, to be used for change control entries for IVR applications and systems.
* Work with system availability team to define IVR system availability rules and monitor system availability metrics.
* Regularly leads medium to large size operational projects, performs project management activities such as planning, sizing, configuration and scheduling activities. Develops technical solutions and make decisions that impact projects and staff members.
* Performs analysis, design, documentation, and implementation of technical solution, for medium to large size projects OR performs analysis, resolves problems and monitors to pro-actively prevent problems from occurring.
* Designs and implements with the team operational solutions to automate and optimize system operations like monitoring, deployments and other support functions.
* Evaluates options for meeting user needs, and ensures that technical solutions are identified, prioritized and incorporated in an effective, efficient manner.
* Troubleshoots complex production system and application problems, and provides technical production support daily and on an on-call basis.
* Performs technical evaluation of products and current production environment to identify potential opportunities in IVR technology application servicing all business units.
* Facilitates and leads technical discussions with external systems and business partners to identify IVR impacts and requirements.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with IVR and Telephony Environment.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
* Experience in a telecom and telephony environment.
* Experience in an Avaya/Periphonics environment, MPS500/1000, Nortel speech server, Java, WebSphere, Tomcat.
* Experience in the area of analysis, design, implementation and support of IVR applications on Avaya/Periphonics MPS 1000 platform / Avaya OD.
* Experience in Avaya, OD, AWS EC2, RDS, Lambda, VPC and networking.
* Functional knowledge of Cisco voice transport components and integration point (Gateway, Gatekeeper, Call Control Servers, and ICM) pertaining to call center technology.
* Experience with knowledge of PLSQL, Shell Script and Web Development (JSP, and HTML).
* Experience with Java, PeriPro.
* Experience troubleshooting end to end IVR solutions for Over The Air (OTA) Activations for voice & data devices on a CDMA network.
* Experience with WebSphere/Tomcat/MQ/RMQ Installation, configuration, cluster and cell setup, application deployment.
* Knowledge of UNIX (Solaris 10), Linux, and Windows 2000 advanced server and later versions.
* Expeience in design and development of production reporting and monitoring system from scratch (development in JSF, JSP, Core Java, PERL, Shell script, CGI, ELK stack).
* Experience with excel for reporting and graphs.
* Experience with production and application support.
* Strong TCP/IP network design and packet trace analysis.
* Experience in conventional digital telephone signaling of all varieties including ISDN and CAS of both T1 and E1 types.
* Strong VOIP telephony of both the SIP and H323 varieties.
* Experience with Nuance Recognizer, Text to Speech, application and platform management using both API and MRCP interfaces.
* IVR application development and fault analysis.
* Strong analytical and problem resolution skills.
* Effective communication & management reporting skills.
* Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams.
* Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.