NOTE: Please include a link to your design portfolio in your resume upon applying.
We have an exciting opportunity for a UX Design lead to join our growing Design team in Niles, IL (Just outside of Chicago)! This individual will lead the design of software applications that bring exciting features and powerful functionality to new and existing Shure products. This role will help create a platform for design across all products, from wireless systems to software to conferencing products. The US Design Lead will work cross functionally with Product Management, Engineering, Industrial Design, End Users and others to define requirements, design solutions, and ensuring our products meet the high standards expected of our brand. In addition, we are looking for someone with strong leadership skills to help mentor and grow more junior designers on the team.
* Lead and contribute to design projects from their inception to launch - and beyond
* Collaborate with product managers on product requirements and focus on the user experience, ease-of-use, performance and efficiency of the associated software applications.
* Work independently and in collaboration with other stakeholders to rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes for internal use, usability testing and customer review.
* Leverage rapid prototyping and customer interaction to make informed design decisions
* Work with developers to ensure the technical feasibility of designs and guide the interface through the development process.
* Meet with end users to assess and document user needs and use-cases
* Create and maintain high level design patterns and specifications
* Draft detailed functional requirements for development and test teams
* Other duties as assigned
* Experience - 8+ yrs as a UI/UX designer - cross-platform (web, mobile, installed) is preferred
* Passion - love of usability and effective, attractive and simple User Interfaces
* Breadth - skilled at UX design, fundamental understanding of SW, solid visual sensibilities
* Maker - self-motivated to learn and utilize new technologies and tools
* Teamwork - excel in a team atmosphere as a member of a fast-moving multi-disciplinary group
* Proactive - identify issues and risks along with potential solutions
* Flexible - think on your feet and change course quickly
* Approach - present a user-centered design perspective and use of common methodologies
* Skills - excellent critical listening, analytic, writing and presenting skills
* Industry knowledge - experience with products for audio or video professionals is preferred
* Ability to travel 5-10%
* Bachelor's degree and a portfolio of work samples is required