At Hologic, we're an innovative medical technology company that enables healthier lives everywhere, every day. We are also a company that prospers and grows, which is why we've been able to expand our offerings to empower even more people and champion women's health
What powers our growth across Breast & Skeletal Health, Diagnostics, GYN Surgical and Medical Aesthetics Solutions is also what differentiates us: the exceptional and clinically proven capacity of our products to detect, diagnose and treat illnesses and other health conditions earlier and better. This clinical superiority creates high expectations, which we fulfill by continually challenging ourselves to improve health through better technology, education and market access.
None of this would be possible without the talent and passion of our employees. Together, our expertise and dedication to developing and sharing more robust, science-based certainty drives our global presence and a promising pipeline that responds to the unmet health and wellness needs of women, families and communities.
While we focus on women's health and well-being, we are committed to having an even broader benefit on the world. Together, we advocate for better health and wellness through solutions that provide ever greater certainty and peace of mind.
The Lead Unified Communications Engineer's role is to coordinate strategies for defining, deploying, and maintaining the company's in-house IP telephony voice communication architecture and its associated network connections and component hardware. This includes managing all engineering projects for VoIP initiatives, planning technology roadmaps, and configuring and optimizing all VoIP/IP-PBX telephone systems and services, both internally and those integrated with Internet-based services. Also, the for Lead Unified Communications Engineer mandate will be to maintain SLAs for all organizational IP telephony applications
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Hologic is looking for Lead Unified Communications Engineer. Must be a self-managed, motivated, team oriented professional who can work independently to resolve issues as well as maintain customer relationships.
* Performing task management and project coordination in support of business projects exhibiting a diverse set of requirements in an environment of multiple variations of application services and operating systems.
* Performing operations troubleshooting and support of network voice and data devices and circuits.
* Maintaining and optimizing network services management facilities in a complex communications environment requiring interoperability, reliability and security.
* Participate in strategic planning for migrating services to SIP environments
* Advanced knowledge of Call Manager 8.x (or higher), Cisco Unity
* Working technical knowledge of the VoIP operating systems (Cisco, Avaya)
* Cisco CCNP-Voice with 5-7 years as a Voice Engineer
* Experience with video conferencing systems a plus (Such as Tandberg, WebEx, etc.)
* Call center experience (Cisco, Five9 (nice to have))
* Experience successfully supporting and managing an enterprise networks
* Experience in change control methodology with an ability to provide clear technical documentation supporting change
* Strong knowledge of communication technologies such as: TCP/IP, Ethernet, VLANs, QOS and VoIP.
* Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
* Possess strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
* Ability to oversee the development and execution of detailed project plans
* College diploma or university degree in the field of telecommunications or computer science and/or 5+ years equivalent work experience.
* Cisco CCVP or CCNP certification (preferred)
* MUST Have Valid Driver's License
* On-call availability.
* Sitting for extended periods of time.
* Occasional inspection of cables and wiring in floors and ceilings.
* Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as telephony equipment and peripherals.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to Hologic must have a current executed Hologic Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource Department. In addition Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Hologic Recruiter. All resumes must be sent to the Hologic Recruiter under these terms or they will not be considered.
Hologic, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer inclusive of disability and veterans.
Hologic, Inc. is a developer, manufacturer, and supplier of diagnostic products, medical imaging systems, and surgical products