Partners Data Systems
The Lead Telecommunications System Engineer will be leading support all administrative, planning, monitoring and integration aspects of Call Center Symposium, Converge IVR, In House WebEx, Right fax, Cisco Universal Call Manager and UCCE/PCCE. Assist with planning the installation, configuration, and design of telecommunication devices and services. Help secure operation, as well as participate in disaster recovery preparation to ensure communications are in place. Contribute with disaster recovery exercises to demonstrate the capability of establishing Telecommunications in the event of an outage. Perform research, evaluation, installation, and upgrades of Telecom hardware and applications. Assist Helpdesk in areas concerning telecommunications and work with network administration to resolve connectivity issues. Be proactive with training and ensure that documentation is created so that junior staffs can grow and handle such issues with ease in the future. Troubleshoot, rebuild, recover and tune telecom equipment. Adhere to standard operating procedures (SOP's) to guarantee a stable environment. Work closely with business units/end-users, and vendors resulting in solutions for L.A. Care's growth and success. Lead large telecomm projects and ensure staff are effectively performing their tasks to meet deadlines and provide fully functional outcomes. Help with monthly telecommunication system risk analysis and assessment reports. Provide the above mentioned support in a 7x24 operation.
* Lead the troubleshooting and design efforts, including IVR, WebEx, Cisco phone technologies. Installs, configures, and maintains complex Telecommunication components such as gateways, telecomm software. Oversees and coordinates the day-to-day planning, design, operation and maintenance of the voice networks, including call center systems and software.
* Lead all telecom projects and act as an escalation point for senior and junior telecom staffs. Oversees and mature collaboration tools such as WebEx and all videoconferencing systems. Monitors voice systems health and provides analysis and reporting to senior management. Performs system tuning and implements improvements. Assists with the preparation of cost estimates for current and proposed telecommunications activities. Evaluates new products, performs complex telephony problem resolution and develops documentation of technical standards and interface applications.
* Work closely with business units/end-users, and vendors resulting in solutions for L.A. Care's growth and success. Provides strategic direction, guidance and integration of products and services. Develops, implements, and maintains policies, procedures, and associated training plans for the telecommunications engineering group. Oversees and coordinates the work of the voice telecommunications engineering staff members to achieve availability goals. Keeps current on latest technologies and best practices.
* Lead project teams through implementation of large, complex projects from project conceptualization through implementation and project acceptance. Leads complex research and development efforts associated with the network. Responsible for researching hardware and telecom software that will fit the needs of all L.A. Care business units.
* Outline and review departmental records, which include total network assessment and voice system appraisals. Perform liaison duties, including providing daily support and essential telecommunications activities to customers. Provide mentoring to less experienced members of the team. Work on client requests for support in terms of helping out with telephony, sudden changes, maintenance, and repair issues. Actively participate in reporting and supervising telephony systems, network nodes, and other associated voice related functions. Perform the monthly telecommunication service reports submitted to senior management.
* Assess, diagnose, and resolve complex network problems utilizing advanced capabilities of network analysis tools such as the Network Associates Sniffer; trains other Network Engineers on the resolution of complex problems. Collaborate with the I.T. operation team to get telecom technologies up and running.
* Lead the enhancement, execution, and design of a client focused solution based on specified prerequisites, defined within a contract. Responsible for all aspects of administration and monitoring of Call Center systems and software, IVR, AT&T Connect Conferencing, Right fax, Cisco Universal, Call Manager, WebEx, IM and UCCX.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
In lieu of Degree, relevant experience may be considered.
* At least 6-8 years of system testing and integration experience and/or IT Telecommunications with the demonstrated experience on the following list of stated knowledge/experience/skills.
* Demonstrate working knowledge of telecommunications equipment and software (Cisco UCCE / PCCE, UCM, CVP, VXML, SIP Trunking, Convergys IVR, WebEx, Jabber, and AVST).
* Demonstrate working knowledge in voice recording technologies such as NICE.
* Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
* Timing and prioritization of production jobs to meet deadlines and regulatory compliance.
* Critical thinking skills and a team player.
* Strong communication (written and verbal), project management, and organization skills.
* Display effort on personal growth while contributing to the advancement of the department and company as a whole.
* Demonstrate working knowledge of telecommunications equipment and software (Cisco UCCE / PCCE, UCM, CVP, VXML, SIP Trunking, Workforce management (WFM) Convergys IVR, WebEx, Jabber, and AVST).
* Knowledgeable in intelligence collection systems, identifying and gathering requirements, and supporting operational planning.
* Cisco Certification Required in VOIP
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Call Center, Customer Service
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides high availability storage and backup automation solutions.