The Lead Systems Engineer reports to the Direct of Engineering as a key team member adding to our collective DevSecOps culture. This position will have a direct impact on production operations for a large multi-site Linux infrastructure providing internet security solutions for domestic and international markets.
As a Lead Systems Engineer you will work closely with members of the Systems Engineering and Operations team as well as the SRE team to build, manage and maintain a suite of online security products.
This is a high-profile opportunity within a highly profitable and very dynamic high-tech company. We've established a strong foundation to make us the undisputed leader in our space. Now we need to add an experienced, collaborative, and passionate DevOps professional to help us grow, support, and maintain our services for our customers.
* Execute project work required for new business initiatives such as; environment setup and configuration; infrastructure upgrades; product enhancements and feature rollouts.
* Maintain and enhance our platform of internet security solutions through tooling and automation.
* Interface with Support, Application Development and Web Development teams to maintain SLA, uptime, KPIs, and security requirements.
* Troubleshoot, manage, and resolve problem tickets for application errors and emerging security threats.
* Maintain and improve existing system monitoring (including; instrumentation, visibility, and alerting).
* Identify and monitor platform health and Key Performance Indicators and develop automated tooling to alert appropriate teams.
* Participate in On-call escalations to help troubleshoot problems and solutions for multiple environments.
Job or Project Requirements and Experience:
* At least seven years of experience working in a high traffic, managed, scalable and fault-tolerant Linux environment.
* Proficient with Bash and Perl or Python.
* Experience with systems automation and configuration management tools.
* In depth experience with MySQL, including replication and high availability.
* Hands-on experience with complex automated build and testing systems.
* Experience with change management policies and procedures.
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
* You are service-oriented and enjoy working with engineers to manage, deploy and tune high volume applications in a cloud environment.
* You are motivated and keep on top of current technical trends along with deep knowledge of your tools of choice.
* You are reliable, and we can count on you in times of need.
* Candidates should be able to demonstrate strong problem-solving methodology and the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization as well as external vendors.
* Experience with metrics and monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, InfluxDB, and Nagios.
* Experience with administration of or usage of Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana.
About j2 Global
J2 Global is an Internet information and services company.