This position could also be located in San Diego, Tampa or Cincinatti
Green Dot's Technology Operations department is responsible for developing and enhancing infrastructure and applications to support the growth of the business and to promote a highly available and stable computing environment.
The System Engineer will contribute to the overall engineering, design, build and high level support of all existing and new Windows Server infrastructure. As a senior member of the team, the successful candidate will need to work closely with our internal clients to develop consensus and find solutions to problems facing their business constituents.
The ideal candidate will also provide systems/application administration and support for a broad array of internally developed and 3rd party products. Perform systems and application support that consists of production support, software/application configuration management, installing software upgrades and patches, and deploying middleware applications. As the Senior System Engineer you will work with all of the Software Development and QA teams to assist in the implementation, management, development and monitoring of the infrastructure that supports the company's product initiatives.
* Manage production systems such as Windows Server 2008/2012, Active Directory, IIS, WSUS, MS MQ, IBM MQ, Virtualized Infrastructure (VMware), F5 Load Balancers, Linux, public cloud, etc.
* Provide the required daily support, maintenance and management of the environment
* Maintain the uptime and availability of GreenDot Infrastructure and its affiliates
* Manage enterprise applications responsible for server builds, patch management, virtual machine management
* Develop and maintain high standards in establishing procedures and policies to address routine jobs and certain resolution protocols. Meet or exceed SLA obligations consistently and on an ongoing basis, allow for accurate metrics to measure response time, meet BCP requirements for offsite access, and reduce the time needed to address hardware/software failures.
* Provide 24x7 On-call Escalation Support (rotation-based / full week support)
* Author internal documentation, such as environment diagrams, installation/configuration documents, DR documents
* Strict adherence to established policies and procedures as dictated by Information Security, Internal Audit, Technology Operations and Change management
* Troubleshoot and debug environment and infrastructure problems found in the production and non-production environments.
* Data backup management, scheduling and reporting for both internal corporate systems and data center (NOC) systems.
* 8+ years of relevant experience
* Proficiency in managing Microsoft Infrastructure:
* IIS, Active Directory etc.
* Working knowledge of Terraform or Ansible, or some equivalent, in system configuration and provisioning
* Working knowledge of F5 load balancers or Equivalent technology
* Working knowledge of web and application server architecture
* Must understand and champion the necessity of following established processes and procedures
* Must appreciate the criticality of change control procedures
* Ability to work and communicate effectively to customers via a ticketing system, email and face to face communications
* Must be a motivated self starter that can take lead of projects, tasks and any challenges that come up
Our Tech Stack includes the following:
* Citrix VDI
* MS Clustering
* MS SQL
* AppDynamics #
About Green Dot
Green Dot is a company providing prepaid debit cards and cash reload processing services.