Responsible for assisting with the design, implementation, documentation, and troubleshooting of the enterprise server environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Systematically reviews all existing processes and procedures and implement innovative changes to meet and exceed service level agreements * Helps prepare plans for development and installation of server according to present and future requirements * Provides expert technical support, administration, and engineering on all Microsoft Windows Operating Systems * Monitors, performance tunes, troubleshoots and resolves systems problems to ensure system availability * Provides expert technical support with entire Citrix Suite and entire VMWare environment * Manages the configuration, administration, upgrade, and maintenance of corporate and DR servers and related infrastructure as well as the Storage Environment * Interacts with our user base (corporate and field employees) on an as needed basis regarding technology issues and escalations * Provides infrastructure architecture recommendations * Works with server patch management processes and procedures to facilitate deployment * Maintains systems integrity through change control and problem management procedures and communication with internal customers * Accomplishes department objectives by leading staff; organizing and monitoring work process * Follows Standard Operating Procedures when carrying out position responsibilities * Attends and participates in team meetings, training sessions, and company-sponsored programs as required
* Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience * Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization * Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations, using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance * Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables * Ability to provide capacity management metrics and executive summaries in line with the established server roadmaps * Ability to manage operational performance addressing cost, schedule, technical performance, and quality of a work * Ability to lead the development and implementation of server policies, procedures, and documentation * Ability to lead tasks to implement disaster recovery, business continuity efforts, and maintain the disaster recovery plan * Ability to lead, implement and maintain Information Security policies and procedures * Ability to work at a high technical level on all phases of systems engineering activities * Extensive experience in Microsoft Active Directory administration to include Group Policy Management, DNS, DHCP, and Identity & Credential Management * Extensive experience with the following technologies: * Citrix XenApp/Desktop Farms * VMWARE Virtualization * Windows Servers * SAN Technology / Architecture
* Some experience with AIX, Linux, and IBM V Series Storage * Previous architectural design experience required. * Extensive experience with roll-outs, updates, and troubleshooting. * MCP, MCSE on Windows 2008, 2012, and 2016 is preferred. * Experience with Nutanix or other hyperconverged infrastructure is a plus.
* Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined by management. * Must be regularly available and willing to work at least 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week or such other hours per day or hours per week as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet business needs * Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs * This position will provide on call support for after hours service on a rotating basis and adhere to the McCoy on call coverage guidelines
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift 10 -20 pounds, and occasionally be able to lift up to 90 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment for this position may require the person to work near moving or mechanical parts. In this po
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.