What you'll be doing...
The Global Supply Chain Systems team at Verizon is looking to fill a Lead Systems Analyst position. This position is responsible for supporting GSC Operations through identifying, valuating and prioritizing system fixes, improvements and solution innovations, as well as ensuring their timely execution.
The successful candidate will work as a tier 1 / tier 2 subject matter expert in the PeopleSoft & CATS applications responsible for providing critical support to our system users. They can effectively link supply chain strategy to IT and provide functional and technical support to business stakeholders. The candidate will also partner with Supply Chain and Business owners who provide business requirements and business intelligence for various Purchasing and Inventory initiatives. This person will also be responsible for the business and system support of multiple systems, including the linkage between multiple internal and third party applications.
This role will require extensive partnership with thirdparty IT developers, Finance IT and a variety of stakeholder groups across VZ including Supply Chain Operations, Network Engineering & Operations, Network Finance, Fixed Assets, Tax, & Accounts Payable.
The successful candidate will have extensive Purchasing and Inventory Management systems & process knowledge and will be the primary interface between internal VZ customers and our IT developers. Responsibilities include extensive data analysis, project management, process subject matter expertise to implement solutions, data quality management, business acceptance testing, delivery of training programs, and communication of system fixes and improvement initiatives.
* Act as a change agent to foster a high quality culture throughout the organization and drive measurable business process improvements.
* Responsible for influencing peers, subject matter experts, and executives within his/her own organization as well as other organizations (e.g. Supply Chain Operations, Network Engineering & Operations, Network Finance, Fixed Assets, Tax, & Accounts Payable).
* Creates cohesive project plans with identifiable critical path, task dependencies, and major milestones, and manages the approved plans and schedules, ensuring successful completion within scope, budget, time, and quality parameters.
* Business and functional requirement analysis, system design and interpretation, testing preparations and execution and implementation oversight.
* Investigates and resolves trouble tickets entered by the end users community
* Interacts with the PeopleSoft and CATS development teams to analyze and resolve system issues.
* Work closely with the business and technical leads in developing, communicating, and implementing business processes related to Purchasing and Inventory Management
* Perform detailed testing on new system enhancements and "bug" fixes
* Assist in end user training regarding new system enhancements or refresher training topics
* Provide the user community and management with key status reports and system metrics
* Play an active role in application deployment efforts, which may include data conversion, system testing, conducting end user training and providing onsite user support
* Engage in strategic cross functional projects that have a direct impact on improving system performance or business processes. Responsibilities include project management, documenting business requirements and test scenarios, completing acceptance testing, delivery of training programs and communication of new processes & procedures
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Business application support experience (PeopleSoft,CATS, or SAP).
* Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in a technical, Supply Chain or related field.
* Knowledge with Procure to Pay and Inventory Management concepts and terminology.
* Ability to write/troubleshoot SQL and HTML statements.
* Ability to independently assess application issues and determine next steps towards resolution.
* Ability to work both independently and collectively with other team members.
* Strong analytical, reporting, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
* Project management skills.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Experience in Microsoft Office and G-Suite applications.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.