A Lead Systems Administrator serves as a technical expert on systems administration in a large and enterprise computing environment. This position serves as a subject matter expert on multiple operating systems and platforms supporting enterprise-wide or large-scale computing. The Lead Systems Administrator applies significant professional experience and training in information technology to the most complex assignments requiring development and installation of operating system software, systems programming and modification of operating systems, performance analysis, database maintenance and management, security administration and management of data storage.
* Manage the administration and implementation of a highly reliable Cloud architecture that requires 24x7 availability.
* Manage the vetting, planning and deployment of new innovations that bring value to the business.
* Act as Project Manager for major server deployments
* Manage all server operations that include performance, availability, capacity planning, recoverability, root cause determination and problem resolution while developing documentation to prevent reoccurrence.
* Provide technical expertise and guidance in the discipline of physical and virtual server implementation, operations and support.
* Manage, mentor, train and provide guidance to global remote team to administer environment, maintain timely delivery of objectives, keep on schedule and achieve set goals.
* Mature the development, implementation and administration policies, processes and procedures to ensure the reliability, recoverability and optimum performance of infrastructure systems and solutions.
* Work closely with vendors of applications and services we maintain to troubleshoot, update and administrator based on business needs.
* Maintain ALL SLAs related to Server and Supporting Applications
* Manage warranties, licenses and subscriptions for all servers, applications, services and portals for the infrastructure related to servers and cloud hosting environments.
* This position requires a Bachelor's degree in information technology or a related field
* Minimum eight years of experience in related positions or a Master's degree in directly related fields with four years of experience.
* Appropriate college coursework, technical training, or industry certifications may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience. Industry certification with directly related experience may be substituted for the degree requirements on a year for year basis.
* Six plus years managing Microsoft Technologies including Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, and Active Directory
* Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
* Expert level understanding and administration experience with AWS and Azure
* Solid understanding of ITIL framework
* Solid understanding of PCI Compliance
* High level of accuracy and attention to detail
* Experience in a retail IT environment or similar heavy transaction environment
* Experience managing geographically separated teams or teams working remote.
* Must be willing to relocate to the Las Vegas, NV area.
* Extended periods of time standing
* Lifting up to 50 pounds
* Occasional bending, stooping, pulling
* Repetitive motion tasks while doing computer work
* Exposure to active wireless equipment, signals and transmissions