At Optum, we are focused on doing things that have not been done yet; helping improve lives in ways that were unthinkable until we thought of them. Do you enjoy working with an elite team, empowered to do your best? If so, please consider this your opportunity to see your ideas come to life. Optum is known for its innovative approach to health care.
Widely regarded as innovators and thought leaders, our executive team has served in key administration roles, on the boards of national and community - based organizations, and in a number of advocacy roles for health care and community - based organizations. We have spent decades investing in the technology and information capabilities that help us bring new ideas to market faster; we have developed solutions that are practical today and scalable for tomorrow; and we have created collaborative teams dedicated to innovation across each of our businesses to share our best thinking. The world will never be the same. And neither should you.
In this Lead Engineer role, you will be responsible for the hands - on development, communication and implementation of the organization's technology architecture and applications plan, including the components required to support it and in the integration of corporate and business architecture and applications.
As we move our applications to the public cloud, you will be instrumental in defining and leveraging best practices for current and emerging technologies.
* You will design / architect / develop solutions and mentor other developers
* Guide technical delivery during iterations and releases
* You will collaborate with the business to understand / influence business requirements
* You will demonstrate understanding of cross - functional / cross - domain requirements and impact
* You will maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies / products / trends related to architectural solutions
* You will ensure alignment of solutions with business and IT goals / objectives
* You will identify and quantify scope and impact of business changes on systems
* You will facilitate / lead / participate in identification of solution options and features
* You will communicate solution options to business owners / stakeholders (e.g. architecture reviews)
* You will incorporate software and system architecture (e.g. infrastructure, network) into conceptual designs
* You will ensure alignment with enterprise technology standards (e.g. solution patterns, application frameworks, technology roadmaps)
* You will identify gaps between established standards and proposed solutions, and follow the exception / waiver process as needed
* You will maintain awareness of current technology assets and the capability of each
* You will deliver all project deliverables on scope, on time and on budget
* Defining technology strategy and vision for multiple applications that meet customer needs for scalability, reliability and performance
* Lead the technical proposals and evaluate third party vendor implementations according to industry best practices and standards
* 2 years Ruby on Rails experience
* 3 years experience with NoSQL DBs (Mongo, Dynamo),
* 2 years experience with cloud platforms such as:OpenShift, AWS, Azure
* 1 years experience with containers (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
* Experience developing and maintaining RESTful webservices
* Healthcare Industry experience
* Bachelor's Degree or higher
* Previous experience with onsite and remote / offshore team members
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Lead Software Ruby on Rails Engineer, Austin, Texas, TX